Torn on which MCSE exam I should start studying for

MrCWiltzMrCWiltz Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
I will be taking the 70-347 exam to complete my MCSA in Office 365 track in the next few weeks. After that I want to look towards getting my MCSE in Productivity. I am torn on which MCSE I should study for: Exchange Server 2016 (70-345) or Sharepoint Server 2016 (70-339). I am interested in doing both equally and I have no hands on experience on either.

My question is, what is more beneficial career wise. Are they both equal? I am getting the feeling that Exchange would be more beneficial, but I am not sure.

Please advise me!!!! :D

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MrCWiltz wrote: »
    I will be taking the 70-347 exam to complete my MCSA in Office 365 track in the next few weeks. After that I want to look towards getting my MCSE in Productivity. I am torn on which MCSE I should study for: Exchange Server 2016 (70-345) or Sharepoint Server 2016 (70-339). I am interested in doing both equally and I have no hands on experience on either.

My question is, what is more beneficial career wise. Are they both equal? I am getting the feeling that Exchange would be more beneficial, but I am not sure.

Please advise me!!!! :D

Focus on your MCSA for now. Seems odd that you are getting certified in a stack that you have no experience in........

What do you do for a career?
  • MrCWiltzMrCWiltz Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am currently a Service Desk Tech now but before that I worked as a Desktop Support Analyst in the oilfield. I was laid off from that job and right before I was laid off we were just started implementing Office 365 and learning basic O365 powershell and learning things in the portal. I got laid off and decided to stick with learning more about Office 365 because I found it interesting.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Honestly, I would do a quick search on indeed and find out which of those two certs is the most requested. Then, should you get the fever for another cert, wait a year and get the other one. That way you keep your MCSE active.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone have concerns with Exchange? Last 2 companies, we went from on-premise Exchange to Office 365, email hosted by Microsoft. Writing on the wall?
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Nah. The res also plenty of companies who have tried O365 and then gone back to exchange
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Far from writing on the wall. It is just change and disruption. If you can adapt you have an advantage.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro