Passed Security+

ck86ck86 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
With a score of 790.

After almost a decade of working in IT in some capacity I've finally obtained my first cert due to the DoD contractor requirement.

My study time was about a month and a half, averaging 3-4 hours a day.

For practice and study I went through most of Prof Messer's videos, CBT Nugget videos/transcender tests and took a ton of my own notes. About 2 weeks before the test I purchased Darril Gibson's material and studied that pretty hard, especially the practice questions.

I'm glad I went through GCGA & practice questions otherwise I am not sure I would have passed. It turned out many of the CBT Nuggets trancender test questions were irrelevant/dated so I definitely advise against those.

Everything people say here about the test is pretty accurate. It is not a cake walk and there will be questions you have never seen. In my case there were two linux questions that were nowhere in my training material.

Best of luck to those with an upcoming test.

Comments

• jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the great score and thanks for the helpful info!
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    nicely done, congrats!
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    congrats to you!! icon_smile.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Congrats! Are you planning to take another cert?
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • TheRedBar0nTheRedBar0n Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Anything planned next?
  • hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□