Options

SECURITY NEWBIE NEEDS HELP!!!!!!

samuelatillmansamuelatillman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

This my first post, so please show me some love. My question is this:

I've recently finished my tour in the US Army. Since then I've worked on a couple of federal contracts. I am now working as a Technical Recruiter, but my goal is to own and operate my own Managed Information Security Services Company. I have self studied for the Net+ and Security+ exams and I'm scoring very high on all of my practice tests. I plan on taking both exams in January. My question is what other certs should I try to pursue. I've made a list of different certs which include MCSE:Security, CCNA, CCSP, CCSA, CISSP, CISA, and so on. I might add that I do have over six years of Information Security and Assurance experience due to the nature of my military work. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Go Army

Comments

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    All of those certs you mention are great to have. I would think that you will need your CISSP as a minimum to affectively start your own company. The CCNP will also be a big plus. I would use some of those other certs as a start to get to those two.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sam,
    if I were in your shoes I'd go for CISSP. It seems for me to be a next logical step after Security+.
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    also its good to have vender specific security certifications like MCSE security and/or CCSP, if your going to be doing pen testing then CEH would be good too.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.