70-698 and 697

PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm doing them in the order of 698 first and then 697, as it seems there is some crossover in the exams, and 698 is the easier, so a nice primer for me to get my going, hehe.

I was wondering if there are any good free resources online? I've got the Exam Reference book from Microsoft which I am going through chapter by chapter, then cross-referencing that with my CBT Nuggets account to add notes to the book to make sure it's detailed.

Are there any good online resources I'm missing out on for this exam?
Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed both during the year. I have the Exam Reference books from Microsoft but I really didn't use it. It was CBT Nuggets along with making notes and both William Panek books which helped me to pass.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sticking to the Exam Ref book and CBT Nuggets. Just wondered if there were any other (free) resources I was missing online.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Technet
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

Well, I'm getting ready for 70-698 first as it seems the easier of the two, figured I'd get it out of the way. End of the month is the exam. So far I've gone through CBT Nuggets, the official Exam Reference Guide, now working on ITPro.tv's video library and they have some excellent labs. I'll be taking the practice exams the final week all week I think and go from there. We'll see how it goes.
  • RapidprogramRapidprogram Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will start studying for the 70-697 and then go for the 70-698 using cbt nuggets starting today.
    I'm currently studying for the ICND2 but hopefully the MSCA:win10 won't have heavy material and I'll be able to study for both.
  • bits pleasebits please Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just passed the 70-698 over the weekend. There was A LOT more powershell than I anticipated.
    Just passed the 70-698 over the weekend. There was A LOT more powershell than I anticipated.

Good to know! Thank you. I'm taking mine at the end of the month. :)
  • bits pleasebits please Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    Good to know! Thank you. I'm taking mine at the end of the month. :)

Good Luck! My advice would be to know the powershell equivalent of anything you can do in a GUI (disk management, ADK tools,backup and restore,remote management, etc). As Anthony Sequeira would say, It was LITERALLY every other question.
    I only got one powershell question in my 70-698 but I passed my 70-697 first which had alot on my first attempt.
    Certifications:

So I tried a couple of Transcender exams for the 70-698 exam I've got coming on Friday. Does anyone else feel that Transcender have completely missed the mark in terms of how the actual exam is? I had questions with about 15 options on them, no case studies and several questions asking me to fill in a box with the answer for a powershell script or other such item rather than the Microsoft multiple-choice questions. Kind of weird. I'm not impressed with the quality of Transcender.
  • TimoBlackTimoBlack Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, found that myself. The Transcender tests are really tricky, and seem to cover stuff not covered in the study material.

Got my 698 tomorrow. I've ready Will Panek's guide twice, watched the cbt nuggets twice, answered all the study guides questions with an average of about 95% correct, done the transcender tests repeatedly. I hope I'm ready.
    TimoBlack, we're test buddies! Mine is at 4pm tomorrow! hehe.

I've gone through CBT Nuggets, ITPro.tv and the Microsoft Exam Reference Guide (probably the best out of all study materials I've had for this exam). Let's kill it!
    Booked mine for 11:30am. Couldn't be sitting about all day worrying about it!

Good luck mate. :)
    Good luck guys, when you pass we can talk about the monster that is 697!
    Certifications:

Passed with an 820 over 700! :)

Officially an MCP!

Onwards to MCSA certification with the 697 now! I hope to sit that in about a month.
    Good work Timo. I just finished mine, got 828 so looks like we're about the same level, hehe. ;)

Good job mate. 697 here we come! I'll be sitting it in about a month too, if you fancy sharing tips and stuff, hit me up on the forums, maybe drop me a PM, we can exchange skype or e-mails or something. :)
    Well done guys!

Just a pre warning 697 is nothing like 698. 697 has very little Windows 10, its mostly about Office 365, Azure and Intune. So study hard on those areas. Keep your powershell AND command line skills up.

Good Luck!
    Certifications:

70-697 booked for Friday morning. Here we go again. :)
    Good Luck!
    Certifications:

And passed with a 854! So glad that's done! MCSA: Windows 10 complete. I'm thinking I'll add the 70-695 to get a MCSE: Mobility there. :D
  • djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    And passed with a 854! So glad that's done! MCSA: Windows 10 complete. I'm thinking I'll add the 70-695 to get a MCSE: Mobility there. :D
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif How was the exam?
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
    djrabes wrote: »
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif How was the exam?

Probably the toughest I've taken so far. A lot of stuff on InTune management and CLI. Only had one set where the questions change and the list of answers stays the same, was about 5-6 questions long. Also a lot of "put these in order". :)

Overall, I'm glad I did 70-698 first. It helped a lot in the exam.

Edit: Oh, and the exam is now totally in line with Windows 10. It's even renamed to "Configuring Windows 10 Devices"!
    Nice one!
    Certifications:

Smashed the 70-697 today! 862 out of 1000!

As mentioned, very little in the way of Windows 10 specific. Lots of Azure AD, Intune and Remote stuff.

That said, I actually found it easier than the 698, which was surprising.

Officially a MCSA! :)
  • SavedsynnerSavedsynner Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TimoBlack- What materials/practice tests did you use to study?