MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals

PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Do you guys reckon this can be revised in a week or less? I was considering running it alongside my prep work for 70-698 for Windows 10, figured I might be able to crack out 2 exams in a month. I've been working with servers for a few years now, and wanted to get this squared away, having not had any servers certifications so far.
Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert

Comments

• PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just finished taking the exam, passed with a 93. Very pleased. :) Onwards to MCSA!
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's great! I always like the exam because its a great intro into Windows server without going headfirst into the MCSA material which can be lengthy
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    Pretty much why I took it. I wanted to make sure I was at that beginner level before I started going into the MCSAs and such. :)
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've been thinking about doing this exam since I need to learn how to use MS server more but I don't really care for it. I'm already getting experience with it.

I'm glad that you passed and I think it was a good idea to have the MTA as a starting point. There's a ton of stuff to learn for the server exam.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dies this exam test you on what features/roles are included with what version of Windows Server? I get they may test on roles but individual features would be a nightmare to remember.
    My questions about roles were more functional rather than just remembering stuff from a book.