Options

What certification should I pursue?

KevzorsKevzors Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have no prior IT experiance. I'll be receiving my degree in IT from a state school next year. What do you think? A+? Network+? CCNA?

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Associates or bachelors degree? I'd recommend A+ as a base cert, then depending on your career goals, either CCNA or MCSA
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It all depends on what area of IT you would like to pursue...listed below are a few suggestions. What areas spark your interest in the IT courses you're taking?

Computer/desktop support: A+ & Network+
    System Analyst/Engineer: MTA, MCSA, Network+, VCA
    Network Analyst/Engineer: CCENT, CCNA R&S
    Security Analyst/Engineer: Security+, SSCP, CCNA Security
    IT Management: Project+, ITIL, MBA
  • Options
    KevzorsKevzors Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for your input, very insightful. I'm going for my bachelors degree.
  • Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    A+ will make it easier to find that first job. Help desk doesn't really need CCNAs to tell people that they should turn off their computer and turn it back on. Although experiences vary and you might just get lucky. I know several people who got their first IT jobs as NOC techs with the CCNA.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've seen the CCNA open doors for a lot of entry level people.

With the limited info you provided, CCNA.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Disagreed.

i actually think the Lunatic+ is your best bet; it's the Foundation on which all others build on...