Long time....MeasureUp

tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
Wow, I haven't been on this site in a while. Anyway, I took and passed security + several years ago, however, I need to take it again due to a new job I just got. Years ago when I passed, MeasureUp was a resource I had access to, however, now, it seems for each exam the cost is $109 atm. Is this the normal price, and if so, is there ever any discounts / sales for it?

Also any good / cheap / inexpensive resource recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Comments

• jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For Security+, go with Darril Gibson. Between his book, and the other content available through his website, it will be everything you need.

Seriously, anything else is a waste of time, which most people here will attest.
  • tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    I have an older version of his book (201 I think). I wonder how relevant it would be when compared to current.
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have an older version of his book (201 I think). I wonder how relevant it would be when compared to current.

For the more recent CompTIA exams, there is a great deal more overlap than previously. I think it likely started with the move to CE, instead of lifetime certs. The Sec+ contains a lot of information from the A+ and Net+ domains. Certainly more than it used to have.

I found the most recent book, along with the iPhone app, were more than sufficient.
    I just looked at some practice questions, and im a little rusty on taking tests. I took and passed A+ and Network + back around the same time, but ive not had to update them until getting the new job. Now its a necessity.
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    You should try to take the 401 soon. The 501 will be introduced in October and the relevant material on that test won't be published before then.

Gibson's book and Professor Messer are the two sources that this forum agrees upon.
    Yeah I am planning on taking it before september. Possibly in the next 3 weeks depends on how much time I get to look over the objectives.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Darril!!! MeasureUp sucks for security +.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....