WGU - End of term in 5 days...

pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
and I just submitted my Capstone report! Hopefully, it doesn't need a revision. :D

Edit: I passed! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Is this it for you?

If so, congrats and good luck!!
  • pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    Thanks! It's the last paper on the last class. I've been on and off college for a while so it's nice to finally finish. Just waiting on that e-mail saying that I've passed.
  • supafish9supafish9 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Hoping to be finishing up with my degree by the end of next term. What's your plan after finishing?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats! You'll get that email saying you've passed!
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice... let us know what happens. I'm nervous about my capstone, but still have a few classes to go before attempting it.
    Thanks! Plan after finishing? Sleep! sleeping.gif

I've been going to bed around 2-3am this past few weeks writing the capstone, then waking up at 5-6am to walk my dog and go to work.

It's back to the books in the next couple of weeks. I already have a bunch of training lined up for the rest of the year. Looking to get JNCIP-SP cert in the next few months, then attend the online CCIE-SP bootcamp by Narbik at the end of the year. We have tons of training credits at work so I'm taking advantage of it.

The capstone is as hard as the topic that you choose. I chose something complex and it took me a while. Altogether I ended up writing 92 pages between the proposal and the report.
    I keep checking taskstream to see my position in line. I want to know if I'm staying in tonight writing revisions icon_study.gif, or getting hammered with friends at a bar. drunken_smilie.gif
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Whatever happens...DON'T DO BOTH!!
    I don't know. I might be so upset if I get it back with "Needs revision" that I end up revising it tonight while hammered.

I am currently number 4 in the queue so any moment now. icon_bounce.gif
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Best of luck. If you don't mind, keep us posted on your progress with the JNCIP and CCIE as well :)
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
    drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif Still feeling it from last night. It feels good to finally see this:
    icon_cheers.gificon_bounce.gificon_cheers.gificon_bounce.gificon_cheers.gif
  • shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pevangel wrote: »
    drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif Still feeling it from last night. It feels good to finally see this:
    icon_cheers.gificon_bounce.gificon_cheers.gificon_bounce.gificon_cheers.gif

Congrats!!!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • supafish9supafish9 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats again! I'm working on task 3 for the tech writing and I am not looking forward to working on the capstone.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thank you!

I didn't think the Capstone was as bad as Technical Writing. I'm not sure if it's gotten better, but the instructions were so bad with Technical Writing. I had so many revisions.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! I wonder if they'd extend your semester for you if it takes a long time to come back and it requires a revision. Probably worth asking. They extended my semester due to a similar situation.

Edit: Just saw the pass. Congrast! Feels good don't it?! haha :)
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
    Feels really good! I got my AAS 6.5 years ago and have been going to college on and off since then. It's nice to finally have a Bachelor's degree.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    pevangel wrote: »
    Thank you!

I didn't think the Capstone was as bad as Technical Writing. I'm not sure if it's gotten better, but the instructions were so bad with Technical Writing. I had so many revisions.

Congrats! And it's nice to hear the capstone isn't as bad. I'm working on the technical writing class now. It's a pain.
    Thanks!!!

@quickman, The capstone was still a lot of writing. But the instructions on the Capstone were pretty clear and matched the rubric unlike Technical Writing. Choose a simple topic for your capstone and you should be able to go through it pretty quick.