Starting to Study for the CASP | What study material should I get?

qcktap23qcktap23 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently passed the Security+ exam and I am now studying for the CASP. I am a recent grad and currently a sys. admin. I have the study guide from Michael Gregg but what other study materials should I get?

Comments

• trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cybrary.it
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• phatrikphatrik Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have to ask. You're not the first user of this board who I noticed was skipping from the Sec+ straight to the CASP. Is there any particular reason why you aren't taking the CSA+ ? From my understanding, the CSA+ lays a solid foundation for the CASP. The CSA+ will renew your A+, Network+ and Sec+ for another 3 years each and then you get another 3 years before you have to renew your certs, therefore giving you ample time to study for the CSAP (and possibly gaining some relevant job experience in the mean time). Does the CSA+ have a poor rep?

TIA
    2018 goals: Security+, CCNA CyberOps (Cohort #6), eJPT, CCNA R&S 2019 goals: RHCE ????, OSCP || CISSP
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The biggest issue is that CSA+ came out this year. Not a poor rep so much as no reputation at all, to speak of.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes I agree, it is too new...I usually wait until the 2nd edition of a new cert comes out before pursuing it.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • qcktap23qcktap23 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    phatrik wrote: »
    I have to ask. You're not the first user of this board who I noticed was skipping from the Sec+ straight to the CASP. Is there any particular reason why you aren't taking the CSA+ ? From my understanding, the CSA+ lays a solid foundation for the CASP. The CSA+ will renew your A+, Network+ and Sec+ for another 3 years each and then you get another 3 years before you have to renew your certs, therefore giving you ample time to study for the CSAP (and possibly gaining some relevant job experience in the mean time). Does the CSA+ have a poor rep?

TIA

The reason why I am taking this is to fulfill DoD 8570. CASP covers IAT III and IAM II. Security+ covers IAT I, II, & IAM I. It's a logical step before the CISSP to fulfill everything.
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed Security+ and CASP, but I am also considering taking CSA+ to fill in the gap, so to speak.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cert guide and Sybex book i feel those two compliment each other because neither has ALL the information to fill the gaps/didn't explain well in one book but other did.

also encourage getting ITpro.tv account for this particular exam as that what really helped me understand (came with 3 transcednor exams to)