Funny Job Postings

When I'm bored, I cruise job sites and see what is out there. Sometimes, I'll run across some really funny stuff in the postings. I thought I'd share a few with you.

1. "Familiarity with the tools and techniques used by elite hackers including vulnerability scanners and network mapping tools."

2. "5+ years working in administrating security systems such as firewall, VPN, IPS/IDS, Email Gateway, Symantec Anti-Virus and Internet proxy" The pay is $11-$14 an hour and the title specifically says entry-level.

3. "Epic Certifications and/or Epic experience" listed under preferred experience in an otherwise extremely serious job posting.

I'll make another post if I run across anymore postings that make me want to slam my face into my keyboard.

Feel free to add any that you find.

Comments

• jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    3. "Epic Certifications and/or Epic experience" listed under preferred experience in an otherwise extremely serious job posting.
    Good chance this was a healthcare IT job, and they were referring to Epic, the software.

Here is a good article from Dice:
    Big Demand for Epic Certifications in Healthcare IT - Dice Insights
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    HA! Yeah, the don't mean "heroic" or "monumental". Epic is a widely deployed healthcare software suite. I've been spending some good time proofreading my wife's papers for her healthcare MBA and am more familiar with EPIC than I care for.
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    I went back and looked, you two are right. It is a HC business.

I was wondering why it would have that in a serious post.

Oh well, learn something new everyday!
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I went back and looked, you two are right. It is a HC business.

I was wondering why it would have that in a serious post.

Oh well, learn something new everyday!

Oh, give it a little bit and non-healthcare companies will start using Epic in their job postings just because it sounds "cool". Just like the security certification noodle toss to the wall that so many companies use, like CISSP for an entry-level position.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    I noticed so many entry-level jobs asking for CISSP. It would have taken me 20 minutes to copy/paste all of the stupid beginner jobs asking for that qualification.