Options

update for 2007

gregweb16gregweb16 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I saw on Microsoft's website that the MCDST exams are being changed to reflect Windows Vista in early 2007. Does that mean that I could no longer take them for Windows XP? I was hoping to work on the MCDST next summer. Do you think I will still be able to take it for XP?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Microsoft announces 1 year prior when they will be retiring an exam. Also, I doubt they will be retiring XP related exams for quite some time. Heck, Microsoft still offers people to be certified in Windows 2000. It really wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to stop offering XP related exams considering the majority of the industry will still be on 2000 and xp next year.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    icroyal wrote:
    Microsoft announces 1 year prior when they will be retiring an exam. Also, I doubt they will be retiring XP related exams for quite some time. Heck, Microsoft still offers people to be certified in Windows 2000. It really wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to stop offering XP related exams considering the majority of the industry will still be on 2000 and xp next year.

Agreed. Look at how long it took them to retire NT, and to stop providing support for it. I'm sure MCDST for XP will be around for aleast 3-4 more years. Oh yeah, I wouldn't worry about vista yet. You won't see many questions on it, until they release their first service pack icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I was thinking of getting certified in Vista, but with so many companies still using 2000, I don't see aneed for it. What good is having a cert for something very few use? I doubt they'll just skip over XP completely.......
    i remain, he who remains to be....