Sitting for 70-410 soon

Originally started studying in January but was wildly inconsistent. Then, got serious in early June. Been doing 1-3hrs a day (some days 3-4hrs).

Here's what I've done so far:
- Full 70-410 CBT Nuggets course w/ Garth Shulte - took tons of notes (excellent series)
- Full Pluralsight 70-410 series - took tons of notes (also excellent series)
- Watched a bunch of NetworkedMinds' YouTube vids
- Read Poulton's OCG front to back - read some chapters 2x
- Been TechNet'ing everything I can think of
- Been labbing a lot + PoweShell'ing everything I come across (home lab and online Free TechNet Virtual Labs)

Left to do:
- Finish/review my Boson exams
- Finish/review my MeasureUp exam
- Review all notes
- Take exam

I feel like I'm getting close. However, the obscurity bug has been plaguing me the last few weeks. I'm trying to store any tidbits of random information I feel I could be tested on into my brain. I also read where people felt as if 70-411 material was on the 70-410. So, I've decided to dedicate a couple days to learning some 70-411 material that I feel may be relevant: RODC, WMI, more GP stuff, more DNS stuff, FSRM, WDS, and WSUS. I know some of these aren't on the 410 list. But, you never know with these exams. I use Server daily at work. So navigating Svr Mgr and ADUC and GP keeps my mind fresh when I'm not studying. But again, you never know on the exam.

Any last advice would be very helpful. I think I'm just going to take the test and see what happens.
Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]

Comments

• Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to tell you the truth I really didn't see much of the 411 material on the exam. That could of just been me ... Don't over due it on the information plus read the question slow...
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did see a little on the 410 that was on the 411 list but maybe only one or two questions. Still though, if it comes down to it, those one or two questions may mean pass or fail. What you're studying sounds good. Don't go too deeply into the 411 material but definitely give it a glance. Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Thanks for the advice guys. Means a lot.

I'll be working on PowerShell commands today. Mostly ones I'm a bit foggy - 1) Pick a PS command 2) Understand syntax 3) Type/Carryout command 4) Check to see if command worked.

Best regards.
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]
    Took a couple Boson and MeasureUp practice tests. Man, they kicked me in the shins! Definitely exposed my weak areas. But at the same time, there's some topics in these tests I never even studied. At least I'm well aware now and am able to increase my knowledge base. Doing these practice exams force me to read TechNet and focus on small details listed in the question.

For those who took Boson or MeasureUp, how'd you do on these compared to the actual exam?
  • Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1-3 hours a day? Wow your study is pretty intense.

How is CBT nuggets vs Pluralsight? I only just discovered pluralsight and how good it is.
    Nik 99 wrote: »
    1-3 hours a day? Wow your study is pretty intense.

How is CBT nuggets vs Pluralsight? I only just discovered pluralsight and how good it is.

Honestly, the time flies by. I'll study for an hour during my lunch break. Then lab late at night when I'm home for 1-2 hrs. I'll look up and 2 hrs came and went. I don't think 1-3 hrs is much at all. But at the end of the week it sums up to 15-20 hrs, which is all I can squeeze in at this point.

Like many of the reviews on here, I think Pluralsight goes into a little more detail than CBT. However, the new CBT series w/ Garth is great. I was actually more engaged, mainly because of his enthusiasm. I really like how he went through PowerShell for almost everything and that the vids are not in 30min chunks. Highly recommend. I did a 2x 1-week trials and got through all the vids and took notes.

Pluralsight is great as well. They (Jason and Greg) go through all topics and PowerShell almost everything. I feel their vids are more dry and I struggled to get through some topics because their voices almost put me to sleep. I never felt this way with CBT. But, Pluralsight's content is excellent. Took tons of notes. High recommend. I'm doing a free 3-month trial.
  • Gago77Gago77 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Stunnedsoup, I think you are ready. Like I tell my students don't nuke this. You have put in the time and work as long as you feel ready go for it. Best of luck!
    Gago77 wrote: »
    @Stunnedsoup, I think you are ready. Like I tell my students don't nuke this. You have put in the time and work as long as you feel ready go for it. Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply! I'm probably going to take it sometime next week. I'm finding the material I've learned back in June is starting to slip my mind. I know the main concepts, but having a hard time recalling the minutiae. This tells me that it's time to just take and see what happens instead of dragging it on.