Cybrary Videos On TV?

ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
Hello,

I plan to do a 1 day marathon of the Cybrary CISSP video on Sunday. Is there a way to output it onto TV without hooking up a computer to the TV?

Perhaps some app or something? I have a Samsung Smart TV and Roku 3. Perhaps some particular app? I have electric movie theater reclining chairs so want to be comfortable for my "1 day bootcamp".

If not will just hook up a laptop with via HDMI and use a wireless keyboard/mouse.

Thanks!

Comments

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You are in luck. I used to work for samsung. Here is how you can do this....

Turn on your Samsung Smart TV. Press "Menu" on the remote control, select "Network," "AllShare Settings" and then "Content Sharing." Locate your PC in the list of devices. Select the device with the remote control to authorize it to play media on the TV.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Smart TVs usually have an internet browser directly on them if I'm not mistaken (both of mine do at least, they are LG though)
    Make sure you are using the Smart Hub that is already built into your TV. And make sure your TV and PC are connected to the same wireless network
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Smart TVs usually have an internet browser directly on them if I'm not mistaken (both of mine do at least, they are LG though)

Yep that is true. So you can use the Browser that is already built in.
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Make sure you are using the Smart Hub that is already built into your TV. And make sure your TV and PC are connected to the same wireless network

Thank you SO much!! TV picked up my computer. However, how do I display my Firefox onto the TV now?

Also, my TV is older... it is 2nd from the Flagship Plasma from 2011 or maybe it is 2012. May just have to go the physical computer hook up route and be cautious of burn-in with static image. Love this TV... many years old and people still are blown away by it. :c)

They should do Cybrary in 3D... actually maybe not unless it's Kelly Brook teaching. icon_wink.gif
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I refuse to have a TV smarter than me! Actually I'm just jealous, I bought my TV at the height of the short-lived 3d craze, just before the smart TV craze. The PS4 does most of it though.

Will the built-in browser play embedded videos like flash, etc? I've found the PS4 browser to be very limited the few times I did try and use it.
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    They should do Cybrary in 3D... actually maybe not unless it's Kelly Brook teaching. icon_wink.gif

If you have a 3D TV you should be able to do the 2D-> 3D conversion. It's not near as good as something that was filmed for 3D, but it gives some depth to the image.
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    I refuse to have a TV smarter than me! Actually I'm just jealous, I bought my TV at the height of the short-lived 3d craze, just before the smart TV craze. The PS4 does most of it though.

Will the built-in browser play embedded videos like flash, etc? I've found the PS4 browser to be very limited the few times I did try and use it.

I am jelly of all your certs. What are your thoughts on the LPIC-1? I was planning on doing that next... more to force me to be more comfortable with Linux. I plan to put my main computers on Fedora so I can fully learn it. I am honestly tired of Windows. Only experience I have is CLI based Linux/Unix distros... but nothing hardcore.
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    Thank you SO much!! TV picked up my computer. However, how do I display my Firefox onto the TV now?

Also, my TV is older... it is 2nd from the Flagship Plasma from 2011 or maybe it is 2012. May just have to go the physical computer hook up route and be cautious of burn-in with static image. Love this TV... many years old and people still are blown away by it. :c)

What should happen is when you play the video from the website it should appear on the TV.
    Another way to do it is download the videos to your PC, then play them through the TV using SmartHub.
    And also this way will work too.... (I think this is the easiest) This app is also on Andriod as well

Step 1: Install Video & TV Cast for Samsung Smart TV (iOS App)

Get Video & TV Cast for Samsung Smart TV from the iOS App Store. Start the app, press on the cast button in the upper right corner and note your ip address.

Step 2: Install the Video & TV Cast Companion App (Samsung App) In the Smart Hub on Your Samsung Smart TV

Open the Smart Hub on your TV. Search for "Video & TV Cast", then download and install the companion app. Enter the ip adress in the adress field and wait for connection. Make sure that your TV and mobile device are in the same wifi network.

Step 3: Open Your Favorite Video or Movie Website in the Browser

Enter the URL to your video in the browser's address bar or just google it.

Step 4: Wait for Video Link Recognition

Wait some seconds until the video link is recognized and shown below the browser window. If nothing happens, try to play the video locally first and wait a few seconds. Flash videos and itunes Movies are not supported.

Step 5: Tap on "Tap Here to Cast"

Selecting "Tap Here To Cast" will send the video to your Samsung Smart TV. Enjoy the show!
    Last but not least.... Chrome cast will work if all else fails. (which I doubt but ive seen it happen many times)

STEPS:

Make sure your PC is connected to the same network as the Chromecast otherwise this won't work. Now open the Google Chrome browser (28 or higher) and install the Google Cast Extension. Now click the Google Cast button in the top right (a rectangle with a Wi-Fi type logo in the corner).
    Select your Chromecast from the pop-out box and your TV will now display anything which is shown in your Chrome browser. Select 'cast this tab' to select which Chrome tab you want to stream to the TV. If you want to stream a locally stored video, simply drag and drop it into Chrome.

icon_cheers.gif
    Your the best! Thanks SO much!! :c)
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would just have used a Chromecast and cast it from my tablet or mobile phone :)