Failed 70-698...

orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Failed the 70-698 exam today with a 63. I took it without any real preparation to gauge where I'm currently at.

I watched right around 50% of the CBT Nuggets 70-698 course with Anthony Sequeira. I've done 0 practice tests (bought the bundle with measure up and haven't touched them yet) and didn't do any of the Transcender practice exams yet with CBT Nuggets, and studied nothing else. I bought the 2nd shot retake..when I booked the exam. The exam in and of its self is not bad..it's the wordy questions developed by Microsoft that can be difficult. I didn't have one question about networking or IP addresses. I had quite a few Powershell questions..but I haven't gotten that far in the video course..and I haven't studied the supplemental CBT nugget documents.

I'm going to finish my CBT Nuggets course, hit the practice tests hard, and study the flash cards on quizlet. I hope to vanquish this test in about 2 weeks.

Until Then,

-Travis
  • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
  • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
  • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
  • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
  • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, any MS exam isn't to be taken lightly because of the way the questions are worded.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Make sure you're well prepared for next time.

CBT nuggets alone may not be enough to pass this exam.

A good study book for this exam, various study material and do plenty of labbing will help you.

Good luck and all the best.
  • EdwinMobileEdwinMobile Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally, I don't believe that the CBT Nuggets videos are enough to pass the test. They just don't go deep enough. Make sure you go through TechNet as many of the questions come right out of it.
  • ben2techben2tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally, I don't believe that the CBT Nuggets videos are enough to pass the test. They just don't go deep enough. Make sure you go through TechNet as many of the questions come right out of it.

When you say TechNet, what part or section of the website? Do you have a link?. Thank you.
  • metaloadermetaloader Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have passed Windows 10 1 month ago and I would advise to use Measureups and the 70-680 book.
    If you answer the Measreup questions wrong you can see some technet articles as references.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    metaloader wrote: »
    I have passed Windows 10 1 month ago and I would advise to use Measureups and the 70-680 book.
    If you answer the Measreup questions wrong you can see some technet articles as references.

Why would you use a Windows 7 book on a Windows 10 exam? You're missing so many features that get covered.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • metaloadermetaloader Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    Why would you use a Windows 7 book on a Windows 10 exam? You're missing so many features that get covered.

Oops my bad! I ment to say study the 70-698 book ofcourse!!