Best 100% Online MBA options

usman4673usman4673 Member Posts: 115
Hi Folks:
Need your advice, guidance, and feedback.

I am a WGU grad, BS in IT-Security and now exploring my online MBA options. Here is the criteria:
i) Should be AACSB accredited
ii) Should offer the entire program under 15k
iii) Should be 100% online
iv) Should have no to least pre-req for non-business students
v) GMAT waiver option available to WGU (3.0/4.0)
vi) Ideally, should allow 7-week, one-course style, with no mandatory requirement to attend "live, interactive, on-time" lectures.
vii) Should have a positive feedback on different review boards, supportive staff, quality faculty

So far, I have short-listed the following institutes:
a) Texas A&M Commerce (it seems to rank-1 in the list and matches i,ii,iii,iv,v,vii from my criteria)
b) LSU shreveport (Haven't explored this one in depth yet, but seems to rank 2nd)
c) Southeastern Oklahoma State University ( This seems to have a tie with Texas Wesleyan, but honestly havent explored them in depth yet)
d) Texas Wesleyan

Can you all please offer guidance on which one on the list is best? If anyone went through these options already? Please also recommend any other element that I overlooked and should factor in to my criteria.

I even tried exploring 100%online EMBA programs but couldnt find anything under 30k.

Comments

• jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you find anything more out about LSU Shreveport? I was looking at their program as well.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • usman4673usman4673 Member Posts: 115
    dmoore44 wrote: »

These are all very reputable but extremely expensive. I got gmat waived for College of William & Mary but it is still very expensive. 49 credits MBA will cost around 57k.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IU Kelley Direct Online offers a completely online version of the Kelley School of Business MBA from Indiana University. It is rather pricey compared to the traditional program... I think somewhere in the $80k ballpark as opposed to about $25k for the traditional.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    I guess, LSU-Shreveport is the only best option left for me. they have the least (2) courses for non-business grads, 12k for the entire MBA, is AACSB accredited, and also offers 1-course/7-week session option.
    Best value 100% online MBA at LSUS:
    i) AACSB accredited
    ii) 7-week course
    iii) Only 10 courses (30 credits) from start to finish
    iv) One of the cheapest AACSB MBAs that are 100% online
    v) It offers the most flexibility. You have upto 5 years to finish 30 credits/10 courses.
    vi) no GMAT requirement
    vii) No mandatory foundation courses to take for non-business diploma holders.

It is a no-brainer to go after LSUS for MBA.
  • NGSNGS Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you doing MBA at LSUS
  • baghdaddy19baghdaddy19 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited January 2020
    I have to agree with the others and say that LSUS is the best option for you (given the parameters you set)
    2020 Certification Goals
    CompTIA: A+, Net+, Sec+, Cloud Essentials, and Project +
    LPI: Linux Essentials
    AXELOS: ITIL v3
    SANS GAIC: GSEC, GCIH, and GCED
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did my MS at WGU. Not sure I'll work an MBA. But if this matters to you, you might also seek out universities that are NSA Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE). I know in some DoD/Contracting jobs, this will give you a few additional perks with regard to advancement.

https://www.nsa.gov/resources/students-educators/centers-academic-excellence/cae-co-centers/
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm in the MBA-IT program at WGU right now. There is a lot of good material to learn, but you will get out of it what time you put into it. The program is designed for people that want to work at a fast pace to complete their coursework and degree quickly. If you prefer to take 2-3 months to really digest and learn course material well then WGU will not be for you. Also, WGU being an online school you won't have the benefit of face-to-face interaction with other people taking the same courses. That can be a big factor for people who aren't used to self-direction and self-motivation.