Options

CCDP 300-320 - Advantages of route summarization to a client?

vanfaren1978vanfaren1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.

Someone can help me, I'm not sure what the answer to this question is.

Which two elements comprise the backbone are while designing a new network utilizing IS-IS as the interior gateway protocol (choose two)

A. contiguos chain of Level 2 capable routers
B. contiguos chain of Level1/Level 2 capable Routers
C. set of Level 2 configured interfaces
D. contiguous Level 1 capable Routers
E. set of Level 1 configured interfaces

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    IS-IS is not on the ROUTE exam, is that a question you saw on the actual ARCH exam?

I am not really sure, but I would answer B and D for this question, not knowing anything about IS-IS.
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A and B I'd say. Level 2 is considered the backbone for IS-IS Level1/2 are borders of the backbone.

IS-IS is on the Arch exam, theres is a LARGE chapter on it. I am currently studying for this exam as well

Hope this helps.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    id go a and c.

i think this question would really be " Which two elements comprise the backbone areA while designing a new network utilizing IS-IS as the interior gateway protocol (choose two) ". Isnt that correct? that are in there does not make sense

so a and c would best describe a backbone (l2) area in isis. you won't necessarily need a l1 area in an isis network
  • Options
    Seether12603Seether12603 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Answer is A and B.

To compare to OSPF:

L2 only routers are your backbone.
    L1/2 routers are similar to your ABRs in that they learn the routes for both the L1 and the L2 Domains.
    L1 only are your intra Area routers. They only learn for their local domain and where the nearest L1/L2 router is for when they need to exit said domain.