Passed R&S 125

MashoTGMashoTG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Test was hella tough. But it's oh-so satisfying one you see the congratulations screen when your done sweating from 60+ questions

Materials used:
Lammle's books ( both ICND1 and ICND2)

Anthony's Exam cram ( 200-125 )

and the latest videos from CBT nuggets.

I honestly think the exam cram helped me the most, BUT Lammle's labs were amazing at enforcing what you learned. They make sure you actually KNOW how to setup these labs/ OSPF,DHCP, and ACL's. After you buy lammle's books, you have to send a message to one of the emails you get in the book. They'll promptly reply with a ton of packet tracer labs, along with a bunch of **** sheets for subnetting and what not. Awesome material.

Still trying to decide if I should do CCNA security next or jump into CCNP. If anyone has suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I think your certification path should align with your career goals. Are you trying to go down the network or security engineer route? For networking, I'd suggest the CCNP R&S and for security I'd suggest the CCNA Sec -> CCNP Sec.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I'm planning on taking mine in 3 weeks or so. I think I'm going to go the NA-Sec route, then NP-Sec.
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats

was everything on the exam as to be expected was there any shocks or surprises or like never seen befores? (without giving anything away) , also how did you find the questions asked was it proper english or was there any that seemed asked in a peculiar way.
  • MashoTGMashoTG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CryptoQue wrote: »
    Congrats! I think your certification path should align with your career goals. Are you trying to go down the network or security engineer route? For networking, I'd suggest the CCNP R&S and for security I'd suggest the CCNA Sec -> CCNP Sec.

Definitely want to get into the security route. But I also want to tap into the networking as well. Someone also suggested that I do CCNP R&S right away since ccna material is still fresh in my mind. Depending on how tough CCNA Sec is, I might just try to nail that down asap and move on to CCNP.
    Supposedly CCNP sec is all gui?
    Ya, everything was pretty str8forward, no curveballs were thrown at me like I was expecting. Whatever is in the books is what you'll find on the test. (Unike CompTIA)

The language was fine too, my only complaint was that the test was presented in a 90's era -like website format? lol it looked hella oldschool.

did it look like this ?

p.s if anyone knows - how to upload image from external link i.e my link here i tried using imgur link but when using the insert image button it says not allowed.
    Yep. Exactly like that lol. Kinda through me off for a sec. You go back about 2 decades in time
    Good to know at least i wont have that shock lol