Options

Network traffic

miaarmy98miaarmy98 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

Let's say in my case, I have an organisation built in 3 countries. The main office is located in Singapore, other 2 in Malaysia and Indonesia respectively. These 3 offices are connected with 3 routers (that I have previously set up in the Cisco packet tracer).

I need help explaining this question:

How network traffic are routed between the 3 countries allow host from one country to communicate to the host at the other 2 countries?

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Short answer: Through an ISP's WAN using something like MPLS and BGP.
    Long answer : Sorry, not a network guy. icon_lol.gif
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Traffic would leave the ISP via their border and route out to the remote site via BGP across other ISPs.

There can be L2 circuits across a large geological area of where a service is built between two ISPs, so the traffic is specified across two different ISPs. For example, ISP in country A has a NNI (network-to-network interface) with an ISP in country B. A L2 circuit is built from one ISP and a new order is raised to the other ISP, who then are contracted as a local hand-off to a customer. This is primarily regarding businesses.

Hope that's negligible, currently on shift and its 5am.
  • Options
    miaarmy98miaarmy98 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yep, makes sense. thanks a lot!
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    miaarmy98 wrote: »
    Hi!

Let's say in my case, I have an organisation built in 3 countries. The main office is located in Singapore, other 2 in Malaysia and Indonesia respectively. These 3 offices are connected with 3 routers (that I have previously set up in the Cisco packet tracer).

I need help explaining this question:

How network traffic are routed between the 3 countries allow host from one country to communicate to the host at the other 2 countries?

This sounds like a homework question to me.

I doubt they only use 3 routers to forward traffic.