ICND2 Failed BLAH

Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
Failed 731 out of 811.

LAN Switching Tech. - 63%
Routing Tech - 53%
WAN Tech - 80%
Infra. Services - 63%
Infra. Maint - 56%

I felt very confident. Been studying since May every single day. Labbing non-stop. The exam didn't seem hard, but I know I need to really dig deep into PPP/CHAP Auth.

The labs seemed pretty easy, I thought. But then again, I must have been wrong because my score reflects it. I'm wondering if it is worth taking the composite instead of the ICND2 - at least half of the questions will be ICND1 related and other half ICND2? (thinking via text)

Study Material:
ICND2 Book Todd Lammle
Packet Tracer Labs
Packet Tracer UDEMY Lab course.
SkillPort 200-105.
Practice Exams on Skillport

Complaints/Rants:

Todd Lammle's book doesn't put much emphasis on much of anything. He just goes over everything and it's up to you to figure out what you need to concentrate on. You would think the Exam Essentials would be a good place to start, but this is not the case. Obviously I am not stating there should be answers in your face.

Labs have emphasis on configuring and implementation. This is pointless. CCNA is troubleshooting inconsistencies with the not so obvious. I can spin up an OSPF, EIGRP, eBGP topology in a few minutes (CCNA Level) but it doesn't do any good when troubleshooting GRE tunnels, PPP etc.

There are a couple of really really dumb questions. Almost warranting a comment. Nuff said.

I'm salty because I failed. Don't beat me up too much.

I am going to get back to the drawing board. :)
Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!

Comments

• labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry man! I'm taking the 200-125 in 2 weeks. It sounds like you know where your weak spots are so just get back in there and knock it out!
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Its ok.... You will pass next time.

LAN Switching Tech. - 63%
    Routing Tech - 53%
    WAN Tech - 80%
    Infra. Services - 63%
    Infra. Maint - 56%

Use that to go back over what you scored low on. Focus on that and knock a home run next time!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    with the boson ex-sim they guarantee if you don't pass you will get your money back. i am using it for icnd1 and i really like it.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Thanks everyone. So I went through Todd's book and I found the spots where I messed up and I am going to reread it. I guess when reading the book, I must have went numb during and critical parts. I will go through the stuff I missed and try to take notes. I think I am all done for labbing; just need to sharpen my sword. Highlighter and another 10 days!

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will get it next go , unlucky and good luck!
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am just getting started myself and went with Odem's books as I heard he goes into a lot more detail. Might want to pick up his ICND2 book to go over the parts you are week at.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I used Odom and lammle books. If I had used just lammle I would have failed. Read odom
  • MashoTGMashoTG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya, I took the 125. I hardly got any PPP,BGP Subnetting or CHAP. I got a lucky pool of questions lol. But ya taking hte 125 might be a good idea
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    I went ahead and bought the ICND2 voucher again. I'm not going to take the suckers way out because then I feel like I gave up and that's a bad habit to start. I also bought Pearson's and Cisco's approved practice exams and ugh, it has been kicking my ass. The labs only give you a few commands for each scenario, and you can't abbreviate. Also, if the command doesn't relate to the scenario, it doesn't work. And they don't let you use "sh run" so I'm trying to remember commands. I guess it is helpful, but frustrating since I depend on "?" and "tab."

Follow my OSCP Thread!