Options

Upgrading from MCSA 2012 to MCSE 2016

amr.khalefaamr.khalefa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I'm already certified with MCSA 2012

and I'm planning to upgrade my skills and my career path to cloud services.

My Q: do I have first to upgrade my certificate to MCSA 2016 then going forward with mcse 2016

or I can jump to study and take mcse 2016 cloud and infra exams without having to upgrade to mcse 2016 windows server?

Comments

• Options
    duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have active MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certificate, it is not required to take MCSA: Windows Server 2016.
    You can take any exam from list in step 2:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcse-cloud-platform-infrastructure.aspx

and when you pass it, you will receive MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
  • Options
    djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't have to upgrade to Server 2016 to get your MCSE in Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.

You could take the upgrade exam and take 70-744 in Securing Server 2016 if you want Server 2016 exams on your MS Transcript whilst getting your MCSE.

Its entirely up to you.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Options
    Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your response.

After navigation the "Cloud platform and infrastructure" courses, I don't know what to choose, I want to take 2 courses that will make me an expert in microsoft Azure and cloud services as an administrator and/or operator (administering, Deploying, configuring, and so on), I don't want any Azure courses that related to developing and programming at all.

So what courses number I should take according to the above to get MCSE Cloud platform and Infrastructure.
  • Options
    orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does it make sense to pursue the MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification if you don't have a lot of experience with this environment? Does it make it much harder to pass it? Do you need to have experience with powershell? The reason I ask is that I see the below in the description for the cert:

[FONT=&quot]"This exam is for candidates who are experienced in designing, programming, implementing, automating, and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates should also be proficient with development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build scalable and resilient solutions."[/FONT]
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply
    So I must have experience in programming so that I can start studying Microsoft Azure courses, did I got you right?

Isn't there an Asure courses for administration, configuration, troubleshooting clpud services?

If not, then what aother courses should I take to be a cloud service administration or something similar?