Options

Difficulty reading for cisa

ELIZABETH1990ELIZABETH1990 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Please i am finding it difficult to read for my CISA certification.i do not have experience or knowledge about IT in general but i want to go into it because that is where money is. I am currently reading this book IT AUDITING: USING CONTROLS TO PROTECT INFORMATION ASSETS SECOND EDITION by Chris Davis and Mike Schiller with Kevin Wheeler. i don"t know if this is good book to start with but please i would really use anybody"s help as to what reading or training materials i can use to study. Thanks.icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wait, you're going for CISA with no previous IT or Security background?
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Hmm... OK, I am curious to know how you are fulfilling the experience requirements.
  • Options
    Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For preparation all you need is ISACA's CISA Review Manual and Questions DB. But, like others asked how are you going to fulfill the experience requirements. you need to have 5 years of relevant IT/IT Sec experience to be CISA certified or something equivalent
    Hi,

Please i am finding it difficult to read for my CISA certification.i do not have experience or knowledge about IT in general but i want to go into it because that is where money is. I am currently reading this book IT AUDITING: USING CONTROLS TO PROTECT INFORMATION ASSETS SECOND EDITION by Chris Davis and Mike Schiller with Kevin Wheeler. i don"t know if this is good book to start with but please i would really use anybody"s help as to what reading or training materials i can use to study. Thanks.icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Since you have no IT knowledge or experience, I would STRONGLY suggest choosing another cert for numerous reasons but the main two reasons being 1) The CISA is not a cert for someone with no knowledge what so ever to attempt. 2) As others have mentioned, you don't meet the requirements based on what your above post says. I would suggest taking the A+ from CompTIA since you say you have no IT knowledge or experience.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ELIZABETH1990 - I suggestion that you don't do it because thats where the money is.

I just did over 14 hours at work yesterday and came back before 8am. Yea, I get paid by the hour but I'd rather be studying for the CISSP....
    I'm tired right now. If your heart isn't into the job, then it's not really worth it. It's not worth messing up your body for something you don't like.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Best thing to do is get a trainee/junior related IT audit role (e.g. Big 4) and get the exposure you need so you understand the concepts. Otherwise it won't make sense. After you have gone through a good number of end to end audits you will know if you like it and then start going through the official material.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...