Options

Did i waste my money and time? Worth to upgrade?

ggman8988ggman8988 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I currently have mcsa server 2012, and passed 414 and 415 for desktop infrastructure in 2014... so yeah I was happy that I was finally MCSE.
And now I heard they have new mcse 2016, cloud platform and infrastructure..... and whoever had mcse server infrastructure automatically get the new one without taking extra exams!!!???? But not desktop infrastructure?

Yeah I understand I only need to take one of 10 options, but still this is total BS.

Do you guys have any advices for me? Or should I just calm down and take one of 10 exams? (Including 416 and 417.. jeez Azure one doesn't look too bad)
Or should I not even bother all this as technically I still have MCSE, just retired.

Sigh

Comments

• Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I had MCSE on Windows 2003, then they retired it and replaced the whole thing with MCITP, so I got both MCITP:Server Administrator and MCITP:Enterprise Administrator, then they announced that MCITP is being retired and now any MCITP is MCSA 2008 or something like that. So that was the last Microsoft certification I bothered to attain lol
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    ggman8988ggman8988 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gkca wrote: »
    Well, I had MCSE on Windows 2003, then they retired it and replaced the whole thing with MCITP, so I got both MCITP:Server Administrator and MCITP:Enterprise Administrator, then they announced that MCITP is being retired and now any MCITP is MCSA 2008 or something like that. So that was the last Microsoft certification I bothered to attain lol

Hey, thanks for reply.
    Do you think I should bother take this exam to get newest mcse? Or whatever I have should be fine?
    Mcse 2012
  • Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess it depends on the market you're in and your career goals - if it is something Microsoft-centric - then it would make sense to stay current, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm