What happened to www[.]ethicalhacker[.]net?

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
I just discovered that the content for www.ethicalhacker.net is no longer available. The Wayback Machine show it disappeared sometime between the last weeks of February and May. I sent a query to their Twitter account. I was wondering if anyone at TE knew of their situation.

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Weird...!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did a bit of research....not sure what is going on. His linked-in account appears to be active https://www.linkedin.com/in/ddonzal/detail/recent-activity/. Until I saw that I thought he may have died sometime between 6 months and a year ago. Most of the domains that he has are now parked domains for 1and1 including the other domain listed on ethicalhacker.net.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I have a piece of software that I developed which will rip a site from way back machine and get it ready to be hosted elsewhere.

Want it done?
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just because a website is taken down, doesn't mean the creator of the content automatically loses their copyright protection as author of the content.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□

Nice find. My home page has been the Sans Storm Center for the past few months. While Sans has an agenda to sell training, the content is great.

I see this going well for both ethicalhacker.net and eLearnSecurity.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Nice find. My home page has been the Sans Storm Center for the past few months. While Sans has an agenda to sell training, the content is great.

I see this going well for both ethicalhacker.net and eLearnSecurity.

I'm a big fan of eLS, but I had a bad experience with their beta "eco system". I even bought the new PTX exam!

Off topic, but good luck on your LFCS exam tomorrow!
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just saw the news, EH net has needed some work for quite a while, I think this is an opportunity for it to return, if it does in the same way, I think it's great. I used to get all kinds of training for free from there.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am ecstatic it didn't end up in EC Council's hands.