CISA Passed !!

salee_msalee_m Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed CISA today at first attempt

my preparation is only ISACA official QA DB, I have 7 years experience in Info Sec, have CISSP too, recently 3 months moved to IT Audit field, all this experience helped me to prepare for just 1 month for the exam,

I used to spent 3 hours to practice the questions, made sure attend all the questions by 20 or 30 each,
did 2 practice test 150 each, I scored 86 and 87, then immediately booked for the exam and cleared.

Guys, can I update my linkedin now or wait till official mail ?? mail will take 10 days....

Cheers..

Comments

• fatherpleasefatherplease Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for passing the CISA.
    I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.- Soren Kierkegaard
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the passing! That's on my agenda too.
    Since you seem to have the experience, getting the CISA certificate should only be a formality, so I would update my LinkedIn profile now. Anybody that picky about the dates probably isn't someone worth working for anyway.
    salee_m wrote: »

my preparation is only ISACA official QA DB, I have 7 years experience in Info Sec, have CISSP too, recently 3 months moved to IT Audit field, all this experience helped me to prepare for just 1 month for the exam,

I used to spent 3 hours to practice the questions, made sure attend all the questions by 20 or 30 each,
    did 2 practice test 150 each, I scored 86 and 87, then immediately booked for the exam and cleared.

Guys, can I update my linkedin now or wait till official mail ?? mail will take 10 days....

Cheers..
  • salee_msalee_m Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Guys,

This community helped me lot in CISA and CISSP journey.

Keep it up Guys..
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Teddyp15Teddyp15 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□

Cheers..

Congrats on the Pass! Good Work!
  • salee_msalee_m Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Teddyp15 wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass! Good Work!

Thank you....
  • anupamkanupamk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Passing CISA. I have mine scheduled on 25th September so need advice/inputs..
    I have read the CRM Twice. And gone through the QA DB with appx 70% success rate.

How are the questions in the actual exam?
    How do they compare with those in the QA DB?
  • jhontyjhonty Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Passing CISA
  • cisagurucisaguru Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□

Cheers..

Congratulations on your success.

In regards to linkedin profile update, ususally its best to wait till you get your certificate #.

In my own case, i followed the steps below:
    1. Applied for certification
    2. Certification approved
    3. Digital certificate available on My Certifications tab of MyIsaca
    4. Registered for Your Acclaim badge by going to YourAcclaim.com
    5. Badge received
    6. Updated the Certifications section of the linkedin profile
    7. Added CISA® to my last name of the profile so CISA appears next to my name.
    8. Updated my corporate email to include my credentials.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes