Passed A+... want to thank the crew.

chrome0011chrome0011 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've been kind of lurking around here since I started studying for the exam, and just wanted to say thanks to all the regular posters who, one way or another, answered all of my questions. (Seems like we who are taking the exams always want to know the same things!) Anyway, I passed both A+ exams...got a call back for a job the next day! Unfortunately, I'm still in college so I can only work part time... the job hunt continues...

Thanks to All!

icon_idea.gif Chrome0011

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and welcome to the club. Don't forget to update your profile. What's next on the cert-hit-parade?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ccampos99ccampos99 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Wish I could say the same for myself but unfortunately I can't seem to find what exactly my problem is. I have taken the OS exam twice and still can not pass it. Now I must wait 30 days to take it once more and see how I do then. Although I do have a question for anyone to respond if they have an answer. Will the A+ Hardware and OS still be available for testing purposes and certification with the new exams?? I have studied atleast 2 different study guides and read from 2 different books from Mike Meyer and have tried many practice tests, anyone have any advice what I am doing wrong and what I may be missing?? Thanks, would appreciate any advice!!
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Kick arse!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Don't forget to update your profile, and list your methods of studying (books and practice exams)

Congrats as well on the job offer. You'll find that they start coming more and more as you further your education.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • chrome0011chrome0011 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know what's next... I think I can narrow it down to Network+, Security+, or Linux+... possibly MCSA? When it comes down to it I really don't know which of these will benefit me the most.

I'm studying computer science, so I figure knowing the Linux couldn't hurt to know, but which are the most marketable?

Thanks for any input!

icon_idea.gif Chrome0011
  • PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd try and find certs that align with the material taught in whatever IT classes you're taking. It's like a three for one deal: you gain the knowledge, you gain college credit and you gain a cert!

And to think I used to read all this stuff just for my own edification... what a waste of time that was! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?