Isit crazy for a begineer to go for the MCSA Windows 10?

MeekMeek Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok my story is I worked in software support for 18 months, I now work in a full fledge firstline role which I've been in just over a month. I was going to take the A+ but in all honesty the actual objectives and things to you need to learn, such as pin counts seem pointless to me and as the hardware stuff I do is minimal (fitting RAM, fitting a few fans in) I dont see it being a huge benefit. Id still consider myself a novice, when it comes to the OS as all I do is flash a few BIOSs update drivers and install a few things as I dont have the knowledge to really dive deeper. I am hoping to get the MCSA whilst expanding my knowledge. Would this be too difficult for someone at my level?

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cant edit my post but as an added note I do have the MTA OS fundamentals under my belt.
  • TimoBlackTimoBlack Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The A+ is a great foundation course for budding techies, but yeah, it's more hardware focused. I can't help but still recommend it though, as it does go through a lot of troubleshooting processes and principles. If you're tier 1, then the MCSA is a good base to start from. I'm currently studying for the 697.

The 698 is mostly about Windows10, with a bit of enterprise AD and GPO thrown in. The 697 is much more cloud-focused.. mainly Intune, Azure AD and O365. There's quite a bit of overlap between the two exams. You need both for the MCSA.

Microsoft recommends (as do I) to go for the 698 first. It isn't especially difficult if you study for it. For that, I recommend the CBT Nuggets videos, and the complete study guide by Will Panek, and going through the Transcender tests via CBT Nuggets. Those 3 resources will help you pass.

Having the MTA should also put you in good stead.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No..... nothing is too difficult.

I suggest reading the threads on here about the MCSA. Then getting a book and starting to study for it. Since you already have your MTA the MCSA is the next step. cybrary.it, pluralsight, udemy, youtube, Microsofts website and many other places have resources you can find for training.
    You can gain the knowledge on your own... download powershell and play around with it... Learn to use the command prompt. Go ahead and get that MCSA....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    In addition. Play around with WIN10. If you have it on your personal desktop/laptop learn the different things you can do with it. Learn the start menu, how to search for programs.... learn Office365, youtube Active directory Users and computers.... Learn Outlook, event viewer, and Software center. Most businesses that run WIN10 use those... also how to troubleshoot skype for business aka Lync.
    Learn how to create a server, map printers and other things to the computer.... thats just a start.

Adding, removing, editing, and moving users in ADUC will be a good skill to learn. Also learn MS Exchange and how to troubleshoot it. It may not be on the exam.... but almost Every Outlook mailbox on a business network is connected to a exchange server.