Lapel Pins

bokosbokos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone actually wear these? Why are they still a thing in certification packages?

Comments

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    What cert awards these? I don't think you would ever wear one.its probably just a free little trinket
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    The only people I see wearing these are the people you want to avoid - the lower IQ Sheldon Coopers of this world who will bore the ears off you with their home lab config and how many conferences they have attended, who the speakers were and how they once met them at a Dungeons and Dragons convention before they became famous...

Some are less unbearable but on the whole I have not encountered many people who wear these habitually that I would willingly spend my time with.

I don't suffer fools gladly so I may just be a grumpy old man - life it too short to spend it with these sort of people.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The only thing worse were the t-shirts Cisco sent out when they started their other-than-CCIE certifications. T-shirts with CCNP and CCDP in giant letters across the chest. They made good t-shirts for working on the car.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    What cert awards these? I don't think you would ever wear one.its probably just a free little trinket

Ha, I received my CISM, CISA and CRISC lapel pins last month. Would never wear them, the CISM and CISA ones look decent. The CRISC one is awful in comparison.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got one with my CISSP. That's the only one I have ever got besides frat pins, etc. I have never wore any of them and doubt I ever will.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have one that I received when I retired from the USAF. I never wear it, though I will keep it and my father's until I die. Other than those, I would be a bit bemused at receiving one. Similar to how I feel each time I receive a CompTIA wallet card...
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got one with ITIL Foundations but I don't wear it. I do have one that I will wear from time to time but it's a conversation starter when I am at weddings or other social events.

Edit: I do have my ITIL one on my lanyard along with another IT pin.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.