NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited September 2019 in Off-Topic

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which exam? Best of luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My experience with Pearson Vue is they won't let you reschedule if it's within 24 hours. I'm not familiar with ISC2 tests, other than my own and I didn't have these issues. Sometimes, if the test center has room they will let you take the exam towards the end of the day. But once you're committed to a test date there's not a lot of wiggle room.
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At least you will get a look at the test - so it still has some value. You will be able to gauge your knowledge. Who knows, you might actually pass - don't go in there thinking you will automatically fail, because you will.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This happened to me with GCWN. I completely forgot it was about to expire and remembered 5 days before the deadline. It was either not showing, or rushing to find an opening at a testing center. Although I was a able to secure a slot, I didn't have time to review at all or prepare an index and ended up failing by a paper-thin margin. I still beat myself over this being the only exam I've failed in my life, but it is what it is.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just think of it like a very realistic practice test..knock it out of the park next time!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Has anyone else ever forgot to reschedule a test and didn't realize you needed to take it until the day of? (Yea, I know, probably a lot haven't.)

I was in the process of rescheduling an exam this weekend which I thought was scheduled to be at the end of this week, signed in to the site, went to where I needed to reschedule it... but then realized I didn't have my credit card on me (it costs a little to reschedule this one). But it was late at night, I was tired, figure I would just do it later instead of going to find my wallet.

I've had zero intentions on even taking this exam within the next month btw and knew I wanted to rescheduled it, reason why I wasn't too concerned about taking the test this week and didn't have the day memorized.

Waited until today to log in at work and get it rescheduled. Long story short, at noon today I will be taking an exam that I have barely studied for. icon_thumright.gif Good times

yep, I was in your footsteps last week! I tried to reschedule the exam 23 hours before the test from the pearsonvue website (the limit is 24 hours)
    but was forced to take the test, which i passed with a score of 883/1000.

good luck!
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Expensive lesson, but hey you'll get it next time around.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Can't say I ever "forgot" about an exam I studied for. When I'm paying for an exam out of my own pocket, I schedule the exam, check and double check it's booked, If I know if I'm not ready or can't make it for some reason, I reschedule well before the no change date, check and double check that's it's rescheduled for the date I want it for.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hear the length of the test is really what makes it difficult. I've heard the questions can be tricky, but overall they aren't terrible.
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mr.Network wrote: »
    yep, I was in your footsteps last week! I tried to reschedule the exam 23 hours before the test from the pearsonvue website (the limit is 24 hours)
    but was forced to take the test, which i passed with a score of 883/1000.

good luck!

How do you know what your score was if they don't provide it for those who pass?
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just the CISSP, nothing too difficult... ;)

Haha, good humor. Good luck, hope you pass it!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    @ITSec4, he passed another exam.
    Mr.Network wrote: »
    Passed today on 210-250 with the score 883/1000.

I really thing Cisco should have much more labs in their exams overall, what do you think?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ITSec14 wrote: »
    I hear the length of the test is really what makes it difficult. I've heard the questions can be tricky, but overall they aren't terrible.

The GSEC 5 hours long, I took it straight thru, had to piss like a race horse by the end of it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.