Passed CASP today!

abraham1493abraham1493 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
SO today I sat for and passed my CASP exam. I thought it was a lot easier than what the majority of the people on the CASP forum made it seem. I am just a Network Engineer level 1 at my current company. I just studied on and off since January but never studied consistently for a week straight at any given point. I used the Sybex and Pearson books to study from. Read the Sybex book once and just think it was not very helpful nor fun to read. The pearson book was amazing IMO. I used the practice exam that came with the book and the Transcender practice exams. I watched some of the Cybrary videos way back but found them to be way to bland so I did not finish them. I found some of the Pearson and Transcender questions to be some what more difficult than the exam questions. Some simulations were tough. I honestly had more doubt in my head at the end of my Security+ exam last year than the CASP exam. Next I am thinking of skipping the HR friendly CEH and going for the OSCP as it is more challenging. I was thinking of the CISSP but I find policies and management to be so extremely boring. Not to mention you need to have years of experience to even take that exam. I have been working in the IT for 2 years. But been messing with computers for about 12 years. The last couple years I really got into hacking and purchased and read books like "Grey Hat Hacking" and "The art of Exploitation". Dont get me wrong, the exam was hard.

Can I put the CASP in my signature at work? I see people with like "CCNP, CCNA Security etc." So was just wondering if I should since it is a big exam.
Network+

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Can I put the CASP in my signature at work? I see people with like "CCNP, CCNA Security etc." So was just wondering if I should since it is a big exam.

If its a normal thing at your to put things in your signature like CCNA I would do it...

Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I think the email signature question at work is mainly about culture. If your work environment condones it, then add it. At some places (like where I work), it might be seen as an ego thing and most of us don't care about that. Other places it might be important (like where security is a customer facing selling point). If there isn't a specific culture, then adding it will draw attention to yourself - which may or may not be a good thing.

I guess that advice was a bunch of nothing...
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • abraham1493abraham1493 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank all you guys for the Congrats. Means a lot. Hard work pays of.
    Network+
  • donrecodonreco Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My rule of thumb is... It depends on where you work.

If your co workers do it, then you can follow suit. If they don't then I would not do it
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • IgetitgirlIgetitgirl Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Absolutely, put it in your signature block. You earned it and you want people to know you passed a rigorous hurdle in your career. Your co-workers are not your measuring stick. Are you aiming to follow or lead?

You probably want to check the prerequisites for OSCP before you jump straight into it. Definitely get Linux first. Congratulations!