A+ Logos

DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I filled in all of the ridiculous information Comptia required in order to get my official A+ logo. Boy, was that a let-down. Does anyone else here think the logo they provide blows a huge wad of crap?

I want to put it on my resume, but seriously...the image is probably the worst looking logo I've ever seen. I've been trying to find alternatives, but haven't had any luck. Anyone else have any they can share or know where I can find one?

Comments

• Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    did they update it since the new test has come around?
  • oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    I put mine on the c.v , if you make it smaller it doesn't look to bad. icon_redface.gif
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I thought is was always a bit cheesy....I think most cert logos are....although it seems the more exclusive the cert, the better the logo looks...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    I wouldn't put the logo's on a resume. I agree with the Cheesy thing. I've seen a lot of resumes from people at my office. Most of them have their MCSE, and a few CompTIA certs. They just list them, no logo's.

I think if an employer truely questioned your education, you could just show him your certificate.

Just my 2 cents :D
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    DirtySouth wrote:
    So I filled in all of the ridiculous information Comptia required in order to get my official A+ logo. Boy, was that a let-down. Does anyone else here think the logo they provide blows a huge wad of crap?

I want to put it on my resume, but seriously...the image is probably the worst looking logo I've ever seen. I've been trying to find alternatives, but haven't had any luck. Anyone else have any they can share or know where I can find one?

If you don't like, don't use it. It's only an A+ and short of any recent changes...what exactly were you hoping for? Personally, I've never found any reason to put any of the logos on a resume, but certainly if you feel you need to there are guidelines to sizes that may be used, certainly one will be to your liking?

Also, I wouldn't suspect you will find any alternatives. The logo will be Copyright as well as possibly trademarked. It's look is unique to the credential and typically not meant to be altered.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was hoping for something a little smaller, perhaps a round stamp-like logo. I went ahead and resized it and cropped out alot of the white space and it looks better, but still not the greatest.
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    DirtySouth wrote:
    I was hoping for something a little smaller, perhaps a round stamp-like logo. I went ahead and resized it and cropped out alot of the white space and it looks better, but still not the greatest.
    If CompTIA's rules and regulations regarding logos are as stringent as Microsoft's, you've just violated the usage agreement. I imagine you'll be getting an e-mail from CompTIA shortly, revoking your certification... icon_twisted.gif