Options

About to start on the material for the Sec+

ReonBalistyReonBalisty Member Posts: 54 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just before I start the reading material through WGU's uCertify application, is there anything to help along the way or at least a supplement before I take the exam.
I want to finish the reading, the labs, tests, cards, etc within a week or two, and hopefully tackle the exam within the next month.
I recently just passed the Net+ after my third try, so I want to keep myself from multiple attempts at the Sec+.
Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

What I will be using post/during uCertify material:
Professor messor's videos and possibly buying his study material.
Darrel Gibson application.
Lynda Videos.

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You are using multiple sources to study, so you should be good there. Good luck!
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Jmann87Jmann87 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer has 257 security+ videos on youtube. watch them all.. he tells you what you need to know. nothing more, nothing less, Lynda does the same thing but the videos are alot longer. there are examples of performance based questions online. if you know the concepts you can get through them, and lastly.. id recommend purchasing the comptia test voucher/retake voucher package.. its $380.00, but will give you a second chance to retake it rather than purchasing another voucher if you fail. If you purchase this bundle it includes comptia certmaster, this is a great tool that will make sure you know the questions.. it will keep asking them until you successfully answer them.

everyone learns different.. i took my test yesterday and have zero experience in IT and security.. i started from scratch.. and i only studied for 3 months and passed my first time taking the test. I didnt read a book, i didnt take official training courses. Just lynda and professor Messer. It really teaches you when you need to know to pass the exam, nothing more, nothing less.

good luck
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly I haven't used WGU's material yet I buy my own books and watch videos online mainly Professor Messer.

Literally everything you could ever need to know is covered extensively on youtube. Just lookup each topic.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.