Passed CRISC Today

kdotnohkdotnoh Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took the CRISCexams today and the preliminary result indicates that I passed so I am currently waiting for the official result.

I opted for the CRISC to improve my knowledge in risk management and that been the focus I did not rush through to content just to get the certification but to gradually absorb the content and understand it. This took me about 10 weeks to complete and writing the exams and passing it was an added advantage.

I studied with the 6th edition review manual ( 6weeks) and used the DB question ( 4 weeks) 2hr a day. sat for the exams when I was at 70-80 % correct constantly. always read the "whys" both correct and wrong answers.

The exam was moderately difficult ( well, "difficult" is a relative term) it took me about 140min to finish and the knowledge area which was been tested was all within the scope of the 6th edition review manual.

my approach to answering the question :

[h=3][/h]
  • Read the question before you look at the answer.
  • Come up with the answer in your head before looking at the possible answers, this way the choices given on the test won't throw you off or trick you.
  • Eliminate answers you know aren't right.
  • Read all the choices before choosing your answer.
  • If there is no guessing penalty, always take an educated guess and select an answer.
  • Don't keep on changing your answer, usually, your first choice is the right one, unless you misread the question.
  • In "All of the above" and "None of the above" choices, if you are certain one of the statements is true don't choose "None of the above" or one of the statements are false don't choose "All of the above".
  • In a question with an "All of the above" choice, if you see that at least two correct statements, then "All of the above" is probably the answer.
  • A positive choice is more likely to be true than a negative one.
  • Usually, the correct answer is the choice with the most information.
I hope this helps someone.

Comments

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nicely done, I passed this a couple weeks ago.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • woodworkwoodwork Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
  • Teddyp15Teddyp15 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! Awesome Work!
  • sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great!! Good luck in your career.
  • mwnciboomwnciboo Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did it on Friday, CBT - It said "PASSED" but caveated it with finalised results. I have no idea when the result will be confirmed one way or another. It was my 2nd try, I did it 12months ago and failed in one domain by a few percent.

At least this time it was that *messed up* 2B pencil crap on an optical sheet, but a proper CBT.

I've got to question ISACA, i've done alot of professional CBT exams, i've inever had a caveated pass, so that for me says more about the weaknesses in their exams, and their lack of confidence in the integrity of them. ISC(2) , EC(COuncil), CompTIA etc.

They've manage to modernise to CBT, but still keep their archaic practices....Talk about making the worst of both worlds, and not realising the benefits of either.
  • akansakans Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello , I passed CRISC today.I am originally a Cisco Expert. I also hold CCIE R/S with 12 years Networking experience. I chose CRISC as it looked me little more in to management side and less technical. Do anyone know what kind of jobs I can look for ? Is passing CRISC really worth for me ?