Passed exam this morning

victor20170victor20170 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just passed the Security+ exam the first time I took it with the help of Darril Gibson and his Full Security+ Course website content. I did not buy the book, and did everything he recommended on the online Study Guide, and that was just enough to pass it :)

The exam was 72 questions, 90 minutes to complete it, and you need a 750 score to pass. Scale score is between 100 and 900 according to Score Report print out I was given at the end of test. I got 783, and the exam was much tougher than what everyone was telling me.

I do have a background in IT, just not on the Security field. Recommended experience per the CompTIA website is Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus.

I've never studied or taken the Network+ exam, so you can pass it without that experience. I do have 10+ years working in the IT field, but not in Security

In any case, I hope this info helps anybody else in passing their exam.

Regards

Victor

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • josh29josh29 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bud!!
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Victor is victorious!

Congrats!
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A pass is a pass; Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, time to celebrate! Welcome to the forum.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • donx4donx4 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :)