Options

Things to know

Escaflowne001Escaflowne001 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been a Lv2 Tech for a company for around 18 months now and want to get more into administration. I have taken the whole MCSE track at a school in my town about one year ago and never took the tests. So i'm going to start with my Net+ witch I also took a class for a year ago. I have readed The MS Press Network+ book half the sybex and all the tech notes at this site. I've never been a good test taker no matter how much i study. Is the test a hard test and are there any tips someone can give me.

Comments

• Options
    carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well know your ports cable lengths and protocols. I cant say for sure if you are ready but if you score high on most practice tests then you should do good. The test is probably going to be one of the easiest certification tests you will take
  • Options
    FR29FR29 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also had a lot of Unix/Linux questions, plus a few NetWare.
    So just a heads up, they do put them on the exams.
    She don't come, and I don't follow.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Relax, take your time and read the questions carefully.
    There will be several real-life troubleshooting scenarios--read carefully!

Some things you just memorize--port numbers, cable lengths(as previously stated by carbunkle), ring and bus architectures, switches, hubs, gateways and, know your OSI model. But, you can't memorize troubleshooting, so be careful!

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Thanx for the tips! I definitely need to work on the OSI model more! That has to be the hardest thing for me