Final exam on Gibsons book

yhadjiyhadji Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just finished studying the Gibsons study guide. It took me almost 1 month to finish it.

Now i need to know how ready i am for the exam.

How close in terms of difficulty is the final exam at the end of the book?

If i get a good score should i be confident with taking the exam?

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Depends if you really absorbed the information.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You need to be consistently scoring %90+ on any practice tests
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yhadji wrote: »
    I have just finished studying the Gibsons study guide. It took me almost 1 month to finish it.

Now i need to know how ready i am for the exam.

How close in terms of difficulty is the final exam at the end of the book?

If i get a good score should i be confident with taking the exam?

Get 90% consistently on practice test. It also depends on how confident you feel about the exam and on how well you know the material.
  • yhadjiyhadji Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got 89 on the practice test. 3-4 of my wrong answers are things i knew but i was sleapy at the time i have tried the test.

What other tests can i do?

Gibson has practice tests and i also found the Security+ exam prep
  • MIMEMIME Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd spend the $ for Gibson's online tests that include sample performance based questions. As I had ten performance based questions being prepared for those was very important. I highly suggest you go through every test question and dissect that answers and understand WHY the correct answer is the correct one and why the wrong ones are wrong.
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are some decent practice tests - 12 of them - at

CompTIA Security+ Practice Test Questions

Unfortunately, they don't explain why an answer is correct or incorrect, but I've learned a good deal by researching why my answers were correct or not.

HTH!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+