Basic, Deluxe, Premier?

johnITjohnIT Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
I want to take the A+ cert just so I can say I have one. But I'm lost on the CompTIA website. If I get the basic test voucher is that only good for one test. I won't get a retake? Or are retakes included in every package? What's the point to Premier and Deluxe if I am refreshing by myself and have 3 years experience in the field? I've already looked at a bunch of practice questions, including the practice test on this site and I passed without even studying.

So I'm wondering if the basic would be good enough?
Working on: A+, MCSE Server 2012

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like basic is just one shot at the exam. You might need two though as the A+ is a two-part cert.
    Looks like the deluxe gives you 1 free retake and then access to their web-based training. I've heard it isn't that great but never used it myself.
    Looks like premier gives you the same as deluxe for for $85 more and then you get $100 store credit.

None of it will matter once you're certified.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • johnITjohnIT Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Looks like basic is just one shot at the exam. You might need two though as the A+ is a two-part cert.
    Looks like the deluxe gives you 1 free retake and then access to their web-based training. I've heard it isn't that great but never used it myself.
    Looks like premier gives you the same as deluxe for for $85 more and then you get $100 store credit.

None of it will matter once you're certified.

Yeah, I heard about them yelling at you that you have to buy two. I shooting for next weekend, but I'm quite confident due to my work experience that I won't have to study/review much. I know i just have to study the obscure names and technical terms and I should be good.
    Working on: A+, MCSE Server 2012
  • BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tend to like the Deluxe because knowing I have another retake was the big thing that relaxed me enough to do well on the 901. If I only had one shot, I would have studied a lot longer for the test.