Options

Best Python books?

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Looking for some recommendations on books for Python in order to prepare for the scripting class coming soon at WGU.

Want to get a jump start and get comfortable with using Python in Linux.

Thanks ahead of time.
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• Options
    diffiediffie Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recommend, Introducing Python. Modern Computing in Simple Packages by Bill Lubanovic which includes information on how to install Python if you need it.

The book is aimed at beginners but although I had some familiarity with the language, I still found it to be a good read and still use it as a reference.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    codeacademy.com

Free and interactive. Can't beat it. Plus, it has way more than just python.
  • Options
    OOO thanks!

I think I am going to buy the book and use codeacademy, much appreciated once again fellas!
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd recommend https://www.codeschool.com/learn/python

I used it and honestly it truly cemented Python for me and was very quick to get through. From there you can google and hack away at code with a very firm base.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Python crash course
    Automate the boring stuff with python
    Both by no starch press.

Udemy has a superb python course also :) they have offers all the time.
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    Oooooooo codeschool seems fun and I will check out the Udemy stuff too. Can never learn enough with coding it seems.