Options

Passed 70-297

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just passed my 70-297 with a 885. It wasn't too difficult. It was mostly just a review of 290, 291, 293, and 294 with a couple topics more enhanced from the design perspective. The only new topic was migrations. The new exam format wasn't all that bad. The actual categories make it pretty easy to navigate through the different parts of the testlet (case study).

I used sybex which did a pretty good job.
I used only parts of the CBT Nuggets (only the migration videos). I skimmed through the other videos and they seemed to review on past exams. If you've passed all your other core exams and you used CBT Nuggets, then these videos will only be review.
I didn't do too much technet other than the migration stuff since as I said already, the rest of the exam was just review but from a different perspective.

Now all I need to do is pass 70-284 (Exchange) for my MCSE. I don't have any experience so hopefully it's not too difficult.
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats and good luck with Exchange!
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    HEY IC CONGRATS ON YOUR PASS

GOTTA QUESTION FOR YA... BTWN 297 OR 298 WHICH ONE WOULD YOU TAKE.

LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE I AM INTO SECURITY BUT I AM NO WAY READY TO GO DOWN THAT ROAD YET. I FEEL THAT I SHOULD FOCUS ON MATERING M$ TOPICS LIKE EXCHANGE,SQL,ACTIVE DIRECTORY BEFORE I JUMP INTO NET SECURITY

INTERESTED IN YOUR THOUGHTS ON 297/298 AND WHICH ONE WOULD BE BETTER
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    That's awesome dude! Congrats.

Exchange the one test I'm actually eager to take. Let me know how it is.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Rattlerman, my company required me to take 297. 297 didn't teach me that much new stuff other than migrations and organizational structures. I would definitely do 298 if possible. I am still going to do 298 because I want to get both MCSE: Messaging and MCSE: Security. Good luck on your future progress!
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    I want to do MCSE SECURITY as well.
    I am just trying to group my tests together to benefit from the overlap
    btwn some of the tests.
    I was thinking once i get to 298 that i wanted all the core exams out of the way before 298/299 and Security +.

i was thinking
    270/290
    291/294
    293/299
    298/Security +

then maybe 2 tests for messaging and possibly 228/229 fir MCDBA

i fully understand that the certs wont guarantee me a job i just want a good strong knowledge base
  • Options
    That plan sounds just fine. For me, I want to focus heavily on Exchange and ISA. Not just ISA for a front-end exchange solution, but I am interested in security as well. My company is also requiring me to do 299. Since we do a lot of ISA deployments, it makes sense for me to do 298, then 299, then do the ISA exam (haven't looked up the number yet) to finish my security specialization.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congratz!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations