noob with some mta questions

TaratTarat Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey all . noob here . i am unsure if this is the right section and hope its not an issue if it is not, mods/admin feel free to move if required .
i am attempting to change career .i have done a computer fundamentals course and have been thinking of going down the programing route. i have a small amount of experience programing , things like making websites in html .
I am studying online . my tutor recommended i do MTA networking fundamentals 98 -366 before doing a programing course as it would be a good starting point . is this the case or would i be better off going another route ?
TIA

Comments

• PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think a basic level of understanding of the hardware you're developing software for is a good approach. I would agree with your tutor. The exam isn't particularly difficult (I've done it), but gives some solid information that is worth knowing, I feel.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • TaratTarat Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    I think a basic level of understanding of the hardware you're developing software for is a good approach. I would agree with your tutor. The exam isn't particularly difficult (I've done it), but gives some solid information that is worth knowing, I feel.
    thanks for the reply .i will go ahead with the networking course .
    Tara