Critique my resume

BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
Let me know if anyone wants to see it in a more dignified format.
Bob Schmo
XXXX
XXXXX, IN XXXXX
Ph: (555) 555-0555
myname@somedomain.com

Professional Objective:
I want to be hired as a technical professional in a company in which my education and strong personal experience can help further the company’s use of technology. I am looking for a position with growth paths and career opportunities.

Professional Skills:
• Operating Systems
• Windows 98, NT, 2000 and XP • Desktop Applications
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access

Professional Experience:
September 2005 –present Online University – Chicago, IL
PLAC Coordinator – Evaluator II
• Responsible for reviewing student’s transcripts for authenticity of accreditation, evaluating and entering student’s transfer credit information into the University’s database.
• Helped to coordinate the transition of the Prior Learning Assessment Center from the Florida location to Chicago.
• Communicate with PLAC stakeholders as necessary regarding student transcripts and issues.
• Document best practices, prepare training materials, and conduct training of junior members of the PLAC evaluation team
• Coordinate programmatic evaluation of non-transcript related PLA such as corporate training programs
• Assisted team members in setting up workstations and printers.

March 2005 – July 2005 Temp Agency – East Chicago, IN
Contracted Credentialing Coordinator
• Developed and maintained an Access database of the hospital provider’s information.
• Coordinated the acquisition and receipt of all credentialing documentation from new and existing healthcare providers.
• Set up new PCs and installed and configured printers per company specifications when corporate IT staff was unavailable.

Education and Certifications:
Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Sociology, May 2004
University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
Currently pursuing Network+ and MCP certifications

Comments