Passed ICND1 100-105 today

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
Woot!

Just got back from the exam center, I've been working on this on and off for a full term at WGU, but due to some issues at work, and real life I kept getting torn away from my studying, so it was a long and hard fought journey to this pass today.

Study Materials:
Cisco Press ICND 100-105 hard cover
Exam Cram ICND1 100-105 soft cover
CBT Nuggets
Boson Exam Sim
Boson Net Sim

read the cisco Press book cover to cover, that took a while and in total I've likely read it a few times due to the interruptions/restarts with my studying... took hand written notes while reading, and performed all of the built in chapter questions. Proceeded to try to jump straight to Practise exams, and got ~700s (based on Boson Test Engine), was doing poorly in routing, so read the exam cram chapters that pertained to that, and began labbing. performed all labs, redid Boson exams, in 750-800 range scores... never got that needed 832+ within Boson...

scheduled the exam, and continued to cram, lab, and subnet every day, as well as work on what I needed to jot down for subnetting calculations, etc.

On to ICND2...Ugh....

Comments

• clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Tolg4Tolg4 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck for icnd2.
    Was Boson necessary to pass the exam?
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tolg4 wrote: »
    Congrats! Good luck for icnd2.
    Was Boson necessary to pass the exam?
    Likely not, but I felt it did really help. For labbing there are alternatives, such as Packet Tracer, and GNS3, etc... Even the official press book included a lite labbing application.

in terms of practice exams I'd say that is where the Boson software really shines and helped me. Both books also contained practice test software, but neither of them include sim questions, it's all just multiple choice questions. But the Boson software does, and is more in tune with the real exam in that manner. Also, there is a "No Pass, No Pay" guarantee with Boson's ExSim Max software, where if you bought the software and failed the real exam within 6 months, you can get a full refund of the purchase price of the software ($99 USD), but mine was part of my WGU Course resources which is why I used it. I have use Pearson Test Prep for other certifications without issues, but they didn't include simulation questions like Cisco.
  • hanker21hanker21 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for your inspiration and tips for ccent, im on the way to ccent.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • waspe3waspe3 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Thanks for sharing! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"