Advice on my third trial

mkamalmohamedcisspmkamalmohamedcissp Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all ,

I wrote the exam 2 times before and I failed on both , now I am preparing for my third trial. The results of my two trials are ( 1st score 590 - 2nd score 680 )

now .... I am so confused !!!! , what should be my strategy ?? , how to prepare for the third time . Should I use the following resources or not ? With what study resource should I start ??? . Can you please help and recommend a good working strategy for a third trial taker like me

1- Sybex book
2-Sybex practice book
3-Transcender
4-boson

Comments

• sunnydeesunnydee Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you use the mentioned resources prior to attempt #1 and attempt #2?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How are you doing on practice exams? If you know the technical aspects you might just need to work on analyze the question better.
  • mkamalmohamedcisspmkamalmohamedcissp Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replay , actually I did not use any till now , I have all of them but I so confused which one should I use at the third trial ,
    of course you know more resources , means more confusion , So what do you recommend to use this third time ?
  • redsteelredsteel Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll tell you what I'm doing and you gauge your studies accordingly. Now, I haven't taken the test yet, but I'm going to next month.
    I watched the CISSP videos at CBTNuggets
    I watched the CISSP videos at Cybrary.IT
    I read the entire Sybex book. It took a month. I did not take the chapter tests questions though I wanted to wait till the end to see what I retained.
    Now, at the Wiley website, I am taking all of the chapter tests at least twice. The first time is to gauge what I know. Then I will review every question, and read the answer b/c honestly I'm guessing at some. Then I retake the test to score 100%.
    I have gone through all 500+ flashcards on the Wiley website once.
    Soon, I will begin taking the practice exams at the Wiley website.
    Each time, I will carefully review my missed questions.
    Depending on how bad I do, I may even run through the flashcards another time or two.
    I may even skim back through the Cybrary.IT videos.
    I'm currently looking for some CISSP podcasts that I can listen to while at work also.
    You need to be testing on those practice exams in the 80-90% or higher.

Now, this has taken me months. If you aren't putting in your time similar to this (ESPECIALLY, if you don't have technical experience) another option may be to test for your SSCP from ISC2. It is fewer domains and less technical. The test is cheaper too.
  • TeeDarling77TeeDarling77 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ mkamalmohamedcissp

Just wondering what books/materials did you use for the 1st and 2nd try? Would you mind to share that info?

Thanks
  • Adamkathy23Adamkathy23 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I gave the exam on the 18th and for some reason my result is not out till now(weird i know!)
    I had used Sybex, Eric conrad 3rd edition, CCure paid tests, Shoun Harris tests and number of other tests and audios/videos.
    Consistently scored between 80-90, which made me feel like i will nail it. However, the exam was a shocker!
    Since you have already given it couple times, i guess you already know how they want you to answer.
    Focus on "Risk" again and again.
    Also, go through Kelly Henderhan's videos atleast twice. They are amazing.
    Let us know how you fair. Good Luck!