Options

CRISC Passed Today

Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
Check another cert off my to-do list. I read the ISACA review guide within a week and took the exam. I only used about 100 of the questions in the QAE. I decided to put the bulk of my time into careful reading of the review material.

I felt like this exam was difficult given the less tangible nature of the questions.

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow! One week... congrats!
    AnthonX
  • Options
    fatherpleasefatherplease Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dan-in-MD wrote: »
    Check another cert off my to-do list. I read the ISACA review guide within a week and took the exam. I only used about 100 of the questions in the QAE. I decided to put the bulk of my time into careful reading of the review material.

I felt like this exam was difficult given the less tangible nature of the questions.

One week.that's amazing. Congrats Dan in MD
    I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.- Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends on your experience, existing knowledge, ability to take exams, and familiarity with ISACA in particular. There is also content overlap with other exams. Effectively, you're studying the "gap" from your current knowledge and the target exam.

----

This email is being sent to notify you of your 16 September 2017 exam results. A scaled score of 450 or higher is required to pass, which represents the minimum consistent standard of knowledge as established by ISACA's CRISC Certification Working Group.

We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 612. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.

SCALED SCORES BY CONTENT AREA:

IT Risk Identification

IT Risk Assessment

Risk Response and Mitigation

Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting

The above represents a conversion of individually weighted raw scores based on a common scale. As such do not attempt to apply a simple arithmetic mean to convert area scores to your total scaled score.
  • Options
    kdotnohkdotnoh Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulation
  • Options
    fatherpleasefatherplease Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ DAn-in-MD I concur that work experience and existing knowledge plays a pivotal role in preparing for the CRISC exam in a short time. Your scores are impressive. Well done once again
    I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.- Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations, I took a shot at this exam in 2013 and failed (got 390) I'm planning to take it again in November.
  • Options
    semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi all,
    i am planning in Dec. 2017, i have the book 6th (new) but Q&A 2015 (400 qes., old), if any one can help me wz copy of the new (500 qes.) Q&A or DB, thanks all.
  • Options
    jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dan-in-MD wrote: »

Congratulations! and thanks for letting us know your thoughts about it