New (ISC)2 exam pricing beginning October 1

goodnightandgoodluckgoodnightandgoodluck Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• goodnightandgoodluckgoodnightandgoodluck Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice of them icon_sad.gif as if the price isn't difficult enough for some of us....

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow! That's quite a jump.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's not that bad. Some of these exams out here are higher without member status. I'm glad that I don't have to pay to be a member in order to get a reduced price.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    No surprise here given that almost everyone has raised prices.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just booked to take the CISSP exam at the end of next month. Get the cheap exams while you can! :p
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    joke, pure greed!
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey, at least the price for the SSCP went down by a dollar.

(Not much of a silver lining...)
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HCISPP is not worth $599! Wow! Snored through that exam it was so boring. Well, if nothing else it tells me two things. First there are enough certified people out there to financially weed out through C|EH level pricing. Second, its a reason not to let the certifications retire or go "paperless" as it has been said on other boards.

Seven-hundred? Fricken' OUCH, man!! ncool.gif

- b/eads
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well there's another path someone can take... certification tester, exam creator or contributor etc. Will never be out of a job with all the demand lol
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow...though I'm not surprised. Hopefully they don't raise the annual membership fees as wellicon_sad.gif
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah not a surprise, with the CEH, which has a lower ROI most times, at $950 just for exam. Isn't challenging the SANS exams without the courses 1200 or more now?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    Yeah not a surprise, with the CEH, which has a lower ROI most times, at $950 just for exam. Isn't challenging the SANS exams without the courses 1200 or more now?
    Woah...when did CEH go up in price? That is crazy...especially since that doesn't seem to include the eligibility processing fee.

Honestly $699 for the must-have out of them all isn't that bad. If you have 4-5 years InfoSec experience, you hopefully either make enough to afford the exam or have a company willing to pay for it...if neither is true, you probably should start looking for a new job because you are not paid on-par with the industry.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    GIAC is now $1699 if bought standalone.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    OP - Thanks for the heads up. I've just booked my retake CISSP exam in the next couple of weeks. I hate to be paying the updated price (CAD conversion is terrible at the moment)!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think these organizations are taking advantage of the companies willing to pay for training. Since more and more are putting aside training bugets. Lobbying the companies for training worked, now they can increase their pricing. Plus the high publicity breaches dont help either so training is advertised as gaining experience for preparedness.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Last I looked we (the ISC(2)) had over 45 million in the bank and climbing. It's not like we need the money or the credit wolves are at the door.

- b/eads
  • redsteelredsteel Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I missed it. I follow facebook sites and even this forum pretty closely and somehow I missed this. I can't believe it. I am so bummed.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nobody likes to pay more, but I'd prefer to focus on how good the ROI could possibly be by passing