My experience

justarandomusernamejustarandomusername Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the exam Saturday, 9/16

Was pretty nervous going in, so I drove to the test center on friday to make sure I knew where it was. Met the test administrator and she explained everything so when I came back on saturday I already felt at ease. She told me that SO many people would get lost on the day of the exam or have trouble finding it so they'd have to call and get directions. And by the time they got there they were already flustered and stressed - so I'm glad I checked it out prior. I also asked her about coffee and she said you couldn't have drinks in there, so I made sure to drink it before I got there on sat. Would've hated to show up with a nice full cup and be told to **** it out.

Only had 3 performance based which I almost messed up on. I did them and then when I went back to check them later, I realized I had been scrolling with the mouse wheel out of habit to go down the screen, but it had actually scrolled the answers in the drop-down list and changed mine. Very glad I checked my work or I would've missed easy ones I knew due to that. So be careful about that part.

She gave me 4 pieces of dry erase paper with the sharpies. I didn't like them as the tips are too large and you have to write real big like a kindergartner. Thankfully I didn't have to use them much as I didn't get any math questions like ALE formulas or subnetting.

72 questions in 1.5 hours - I felt kinda rushed, but initially finished with 30 mins to go. Would've liked to have had more time to double-check everything in intricate detail, but it was fine. May have even worked to my advantage in that I didn't have too much time to second guess myself and change answers.

Bought the gibson book and certmaster bundle so I had a retake in case I failed it. Thankfully won't need the retake though. I thought certmaster was most like the questions on the exam so will definitely use that if I take any future comptia exams.

Anyway, just sharing my thoughts on it. Let me know if anyone has any other questions.

Comments

• marylandguymarylandguy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat!. you mentioned coffee.hahaha..one of my major weaknesses. what time was the test and how big was the c up of coffee?

I for one would go against drinking coffee prior to the exam. Made me even more nervous and stress and can't think clearly to sit for a hard exam... I believe first time I failed because of the coffee.
  • RobobassRobobass Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great, great, great idea going to the exam site before actual test to reduce stress.
  • justarandomusernamejustarandomusername Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat!. you mentioned coffee.hahaha..one of my major weaknesses. what time was the test and how big was the c up of coffee?

I for one would go against drinking coffee prior to the exam. Made me even more nervous and stress and can't think clearly to sit for a hard exam... I believe first time I failed because of the coffee.
    Well I drink coffee every morning to wake up and get going. It doesn't make me jittery or anxious - if it did then yeah, I agree you shouldn't have any before an exam.

Best of luck to anyone preparing for this - you can do it!