CISM Study Materials

mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone.

I am taking my CISM exam in late November and would like some guidance on study materials. I am currently working through the Cybrary videos (which are excellent btw) and I'm nearing the end. I have the official CISM Review Manual from 2014 which I was thinking I would tackle next.

My question is would it be sufficient to review my CISSP notes and materials as opposed to reading the CISM review manual? I personally prefer the format of my CISSP books to the CISM manual. Also, do the Cybrary videos cover all the topics that I need to focus on for the CISM exam?

I knew there was a lot of overlap between the CISSP and CISM but Im blown away by how much overlap there actually is!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
CISSP
CISM

Comments

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As a followup, I have been working in Cyber Security for 6 years and have 18 years IT experience in total.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • jimjjimjjimjjimj Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed my CISM a few weeks ago and didn't even buy the official book. I mainly relied on the ISACA website's official Q&A database, and CISSP materials. The Cybrary CISM stuff is really good too.

I also got a safaribooksonline one month subscription ($40 and well worth it) and used their CISA material, notably Sari Greene's videos. (CISA is basically CISM but with auditor stuff added so just watch Sari's videos but skip the chapters when she starts talking about audit, which is easy to do because she splits up the chapters very nicely).
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Jim.

I purchased the Q&E DB yesterday. Seems like a great resource! I'll take a look at the safaribooks resource too. Great tip.

Im also going to take a look at the CISM Open Learning videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIBt2a4PB_pddQCzTn6KaA/videos
    CISSP
    CISM