CompTIA, you have failed this community.

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
The Multi-cert recognition program they said would launch in the Summer of 2017 has missed the mark:

https://event.on24.com/event/13/57/29/7/rt/1/documents/resourceList1487096362351/comptia_csaplus_productlaunchwebinar_slides.pdf

(Check Slide 30)

Who know's when I'll meet an IT infrastructure pro or CompTIA Cybersecurity Expert....

Comments

• EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I still don't see what this would even accomplish. It's just an additional title for people with existing certifications. What would it actually add?
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I still don't see what this would even accomplish. It's just an additional title for people with existing certifications. What would it actually add?

It makes you a baller and IT shot caller...

It’s the MCSE/CCNP of vendor agnostic Infosec certs. (Just kidding, serves no real purpose.)
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So if you have them all, that makes you a CompTIA Expert Pro?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

mikey88 wrote: »
    So if you have them all, that makes you a CompTIA Expert Pro?

Makes you a Ninja, per Diamond Dave:

https://youtu.be/Wg7w3DraqIQ
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It adds nothing. At best, it's the difference between an MCP and a MCSA. One shows you completed Microsoft exam(s). The other shows you completed a track of related Microsoft exams. At worst, it's just a recognition program showing that you passed multiple certifications from the same vendor. Nothing more.

I think at some point, some of us may have earned the Multi-cert recognition "Certification Whore". I'm working on that one myself. :) Good resume entry, anyway.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sooooo

I'm an "Infrastructure Pro" now? :P
    They might wanna add the years of experience requirement before someone could earn that title.

As far as the "CompTIA Cybersecurity Expert" .... really now?

I guess all of this makes it easier on the paperwork/resume though.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    some of us may have earned the Multi-cert recognition "Certification Whore"

I spend most of my life looking for proper term...
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We see all those threads I want to get into Security blah..blah

Hey just get the Security+, CSA+ and CASP and become a CompTIA Cybersecurity Expert. Haha
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this as pointless. Maybe Comptia got no positive feedback on it, and they just scrapped it.
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I concur... they should've called it "IT Wizard"
    dontstop wrote: »
    I concur... they should've called it "IT Wizard"

giphy.gif
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "It makes you a baller and IT shot caller..." LMAO.