Silly question

Hey its JustinHey its Justin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do you need to pass the 901 & 902 to become A+ certified or just one of the two? I always believed you needed to take both but someone told me today that with just one of the two certs you will be considered A+ certified.

Comments

• Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need both to be A+ Certified. If I remember right, you also need to retake both if you fail the 2nd exam.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Nik if true that is ridiculous. I started studying for the A+ a long time ago but changed tracks when it was asking me to memorize the speed of a pci bus
  • Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    Nik if true that is ridiculous. I started studying for the A+ a long time ago but changed tracks when it was asking me to memorize the speed of a pci bus

I seem to remember this being the case, but not entirely sure anymore.

I do get you when it comes to the memorizing stupid things like ram, cpu and expansion slot speeds. Or far worse and more stupid, the number of pins on ram types or cpus. Luckly it's still the easiest exam compared to N+ and S+. I'd personnaly skip any pins or speeds memorization. Exception being wifi specs for 802.11, along with bluetooth and infrared specs.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I just cannot see the value in knowing the random specs they throw at you. As a tech do you ever need to know how fast a pci-ex16 slot is? No, you just need to know its faster than a pci slot.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    They are separate exams. No need to retake both if only failed 1/2. Passing mark is about 75-78% so it's not that high. Focus on grasping all of the objectives well. Even if you miss a couple questions on bus speeds etc no big deal.

220-901: 675 (on a scale of 900)
    220-902: 700 (on a scale of 900)

Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• mcsevamcseva Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2 separate exams. I passed my final exam Friday. I used Tidewater Computer's A+ study guide. Only 89 pages and all I needed.