PASSED!: Exam 533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions

nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
This was another pretty hard one folks! Not on the level of the infamous 70-511, but you've got to know your powershell commands and virtual networking configuration!

Unfortunately, study resources for this exam are still pretty slim out there, but the beauty is that you can self study your butt off by setting up virtual networks, VMs and web applications and appliances to your heart's content from ANY computer with an internet connection and a web browser.

I'm going to have to take a SMALL break, and I think that it's on to AWS or CCNA next!
2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
"I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever

Comments

• xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    I'm curious and I finally got onboard the Azure test lab train, not for a certification, but for self knowledge. Are you using the free trial from Azure or are you paying out of pocket for your lab?

I'm currently using dev Visual studio and get 25$ credit monthly.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's EXACTLY what I used/am using! I setup a VM w/ a GUI to practice the powershell commands and a VM with a GUI to connect to the portal using Visual Studio and configured apps and VMs and then did the same with the powershell VM. Watched the videos on YouTube on Microsoft's Azure channel.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    That's EXACTLY what I used/am using! I setup a VM w/ a GUI to practice the powershell commands and a VM with a GUI to connect to the portal using Visual Studio and configured apps and VMs and then did the same with the powershell VM. Watched the videos on YouTube on Microsoft's Azure channel.

Cool man, will do, thanks for the insight!
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks @duta74!
    That's useful information and it could be fun to experiment around with some of the newer services or processes in there. There is also this:

Article titled: Microsoft Azure gets a new VM family for bursty workloads

Quote: "[FONT=&quot]During the preview period, developers get a 50 percent discount on these prices.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For now, these new machine types are only available in two U.S. Azure zones (West 2 and East), Europe (West) and Asia Pacific (Southeast). Developers who want to try them during this preview period also need to put in a quota request."[/FONT]