Options

Exam 98-365 MTA Server Administration Fundamentals

j86schroederj86schroeder Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone took this test recently? I just got a book off of Amazon by Tom Carpenter.

Comments

• Options
    realifegamerrealifegamer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I here though the book has good real-world appl. There's a lot that he covers that isn't necessary. I 'm currently using Plural sight (10 day free trial) and official microsoft book (can be found online)

- Btw, I am also studying for this exam. How long do you think you should study before proficient?
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the free training videos at itpro.tv before taking my MTAs. That's all I needed, added to my own personal job experience. Worth it though, for the videos. ITPro are a good training company.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    bailey808bailey808 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have recently passed this exam (28/09/2017) and I used Microsoft VA (free videos) and MeasureUp Practice exams. I have been working with Windows Server 2008 and 2012 for the past 4 years, which is where I gained most of my knowledge to pass the exam. 4 years is not necessary, but enough time to know main server functions and what AD/GP can do will help massively. The Microsoft VA does not go into anywhere near enough detail to pass the exams without any prior server experience. The MeasureUp exams are good as they closely match the type of exam questions in the actual exam (multiple choice, true or false, drag and drop and build lists). The book (mentioned above) will definitely help as well if you prefer to read dry material. Providing you have done most of the above, you will be well on your way to passing the exam.

Hope that helps...